Ferguson vs Oliveira

Before the Justin fight I would pick Tony without hesitation. But that fight seemed super rough for Tony, I am not sure if he can come back from that.

It will be a competitive fight until oliveira gets tagged once then he will fold. He seems to be super chinny. Doesn't get ko'ed easily but gets rocked and folds easily

Knowing Olivera's luck he shoots in on a double and dislocates his shoulder like he did against Max.

ah seems like my post about tony wasnt that far off. glad to see him take a break a fight away from a real power puncher to get back into the swing on things. good shit. He should wreck Olivera....sherdogs most over rated fighter

I'd normally lean Tony but with his age and mileage it wouldn't shock me at all if Chuck took it. Chuck also looks to be peaking now too so there's that as well.

Being serious in the stand up Tony IMO has the advantage. He's had a lot of camps against powerful long strikers like Olivera. Tony also isn't a guy who backs up and you can't get him out. On the ground Olivera will play guard and try to scissor sweepy tony like he did against Lee.
ada555d7106ea4b2e619392ecaf74931.png

If Olivera gets mount on Tony then Tony might try a Pendelum sweep if he still has Eddie Bravo cornering him. IIRC he tried doing it to Kevin Lee but didn't get out till the end of the ground. A lot of Olivera's more wild standup can't work on the back foot and he lacks a height/reach advantage he had before. Gonna be a dope fight.

oliveira was more convincing in his last fight than tony was in his last three, i'm afraid tony is past his prime, will be a really interesting fight to see where they both really stand

oliveira was more convincing in his last fight than tony was in his last three, i'm afraid tony is past his prime, will be a really interesting fight to see where they both really stand
Post round 1 in both the Pettis and Cowboy fights all Tony did was thrash them. Tony takes about a round usually to get going.

Before the Justin fight I would pick Tony without hesitation. But that fight seemed super rough for Tony, I am not sure if he can come back from that.

This. Ferguson took a really bad beating in that match. Add to the fact that he's in his late thirties, in a division that is not kind to older fighters, then this fight could be tough for him.

Post round 1 in both the Pettis and Cowboy fights all Tony did was thrash them. Tony takes about a round usually to get going.
yeah i know, he was never in danger in those fights but he didn't look as sharp as in his previous fights, both of those fights were bad , really slow pace from both fighters, at the time of the cerrone fight i was thinking "no way this guy have a chance against khabib", hope i'm wrong and we see the same ferguson than in the RDA and kevin lee fights

Back