I know how Blaydes vs lewis going to play out

BonesWinckleJones

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
RvjGSaa.gif

Historically speaking every fighter that has tried to grapple with Lewis has gotten knocked out.

He loses to strikers.

Lewis is extremely good at standing up when he wants to.

Blades is going to burn his tank attempting to repeatedly take Lewis down and get knocked out.

Historically speaking every fighter that has tried to grapple with Lewis has gotten knocked out.

He loses to strikers.

Blades is going to burn his tank attempting to repeatedly take Lewis down and get knocked out.

Pretty much this.

He loses to strikers.

I think you are right, unless Blaydes has really improved his cardio since his last fight that's what I see happening too.. Derrick has a surprising amount of late wins too, last round 1 win was 13 fights ago against Gonzaga, underrated Cardio.

Round 4 and 5 Blaydes vs Volkov gets absolutely obliterated by Lewis if he can hang on long enough and take a few take downs.

He loses to strikers.

I see what you mean, but DC did outgrapple him while being injured. For a while I thought that the gloring weakness that was his grapling was going to cost him if opponents just figured that out.
But he seems to have improved a bit and hes of course strong as an ox

I think you are right, unless Blaydes has really improved his cardio since his last fight that's what I see happening too.. Derrick has a surprising amount of late wins too, last round 1 win was 13 fights ago against Gonzaga, underrated Cardio.

Round 4 and 5 Blaydes vs Volkov gets absolutely obliterated by Lewis if he can hang on long enough and take a few take downs.

He just doses himself. Makes sure he always has something left to go for broke.

Hopefully a Highlight Reel Face Plant KO of the grappler guy
<{JustBleed}>
more likely lots of LnP that goes to a decision
<KhabibBS>

I see what you mean, but DC did outgrapple him while being injured. For a while I thought that the gloring weakness that was his grapling was going to cost him if opponents just figured that out.
I forgot he fought DC

DC is really an expert though and smartly went for the sub, Blaydes has 0 subs thus far, so will really need to control him like DC but also pull off some brutal GnP to have a chance, I don't think we've seen Lewis fucked up in GnP yet, could be wrong.

He loses to strikers.

This is a good point. I’ll also add that Lewis is good at getting off of his back, and can maintain ko power late into a fight.

I thougut Blaydes, despite the gap in wrestling experience, has a better gas tank and physical ability compared to Cormier?

Not comfortable w/the fact that Lewis got taken down in like one minute in the 2nd round and got submitted w/no resistance

This fight will really show what level Blaydes wrestling is if he cant keep Derek down we know its not DC level

He loses to strikers.

Pretty much.

Back