What’s the story behind BJ getting stiffened by a fat drunk guy?

TheSpider

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why would BJ let him get a free punch like that?

And did BJ end up choking the fat drunk guy out or was that a separate incident? Did he choke him out before or after he got stiffened?

Did he choke him until he was unconscious?

Fat idiot showed no restraint against drunk BJ and could have done serious damage if Penn landed badly on that concrete

Probably the same reason any random bar fight go down.

Why would BJ let him get a free punch like that?

And did BJ end up choking the fat drunk guy out or was that a separate incident? Did he choke him out before or after he got stiffened?

Did he choke him until he was unconscious?
Penn told him to punch him.

Penn then took his back and returned the favor.

giphy.gif

So many of our heroes in mma getting their asses kicked in streetfights. Wtf, it's like seeing your favorite basketball player get schooled by a neighborhood kid in a pickup game

This is BJ's side of the story:
https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/04/bj-penn-interview-hawaii-fight-knockout-video/

BJ's words:

"I’m at a concert going to meet a friend that I’ve known since we were really young kids and I’m over there and an acquaintance of mine, he gets mad about something, you know something was said or it was an old past thing and then he wants to fight about it," Penn says.

"I was like, 'No, no, I don’t want to fight, we’re friends, everything is cool.' He even walks outside and I’m thinking, this is silly I’m going to go get him, calm him down and get him to come back inside and enjoy the concert, we’ve got some other friends there."

"I walk outside to go give the guy a hug and then he hits me twice and I’m like, 'No, calm down!' I try to give him another hug and he hits me a couple more times and he hits me again."

"Finally my adrenaline picked up because he was hitting me so much so I said, 'Go ahead and hit me again.'"

Penn continues ... "I thought the guy would eventually just say forget it BJ, whatever, walk away, but he hit me -- and he hit me good and knocked me down -- and then when I got back up he tried it again and I just had to defend myself and that’s what you see in the second video."

Penn claims the videos were "edited" to cut out moments where Penn was trying to hug the other man. TMZ Sports did not cut a single frame out of the clips. We posted what we were able to obtain in its entirety.

Any drunk man can be knocked down or out.

UFC fighters, too.

Sober BJ would literally kill him if he so chose.

I think you mean any dude can be knocked out, being sober doesn't give you magical powers.

Back