Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
My LW Goats 1. and 2.

OffensiveEminentBluefintuna-size_restricted.gif

Tony-Ferguson-UFC-216-Fight-Finish-GIF.gif

I think hes top 3

He's never won the belt. That's huge. If they have a LW tournament for the vacant belt and he comes out on top he's top 3 for me. But you can't be a GOAT if you've never been champ.

I hope Tony wins the title one day. That would be great.

He's never won the belt. That's huge. If they have a LW tournament for the vacant belt and he comes out on top he's top 3 for me. But you can't be a GOAT if you've never been champ.
Resumes matter more than belts imo

Quality of wins should matter, belts are politics

Gaethje isnt much of an MMA wrestler. In retrospect, fhe Brian Foster fight shoulda been indicative of how the Khabib fight would play out.

Name me one other GOAT who's never been a champion?
Never said Tony was GOAT, but rather top 3 ever in his weight class alone

Stop twisting my words.

Resumes matter more than belts imo

Quality of wins should matter, belts are politics
especially considering the title was held hostage by conor. He was a defacto LW champion in my eyes.

Never said Tony was GOAT, but rather top 3 ever in his weight class alone

Stop twisting my words.

He got his face smashed in in his last fight with a chance to fight for the title on the line. Sorry but that's hard to shake.

He got his face smashed in in his last fight with a chance to fight for the title on the line. Sorry but that's hard to shake.
Yeah when he was most likely past his prime at age 36 as well as some unique extenuating circumstances (amid a pandemic, multiple weight cuts)

The interim strap he won in 2017 should realistically be considered a legit title given the fact that Conor was a lame duck champ and officially stripped 5 months later

Yeah when he was most likely past his prime at age 36 as well as some unique extenuating circumstances (amid a pandemic, multiple weight cuts)

The interim strap he won in 2017 should realistically be considered a legit title given the fact that Conor was a lame duck champ and officially stripped 5 months later

Never beat a champ. He has a nice resume as far as number of wins, but only 3 really good ones IMO. Dos Anjos, Lee, Barboza. He finally fought someone at the very top of the division and got smashed. Make up all the excuses you want. That's not top 3 LW of all time material.

Never beat a champ. He has a nice resume as far as number of wins, but only 3 really good ones IMO. Dos Anjos, Lee, Barboza. He finally fought someone at the very top of the division and got smashed. Make up all the excuses you want. That's not top 3 LW of all time material.
{<huh}

Back