WWE virtual audience

joeson

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Not sure if there has been a thread about this already but the UFC should consider using a virtual audience like WWE. I don’t watch professional wrestling but I was flipping by and the audience really caught my eye.
It has a bit of a sci-fi feel on the broadcast but it looks pretty cool IMO. Plus, it gives the fans a chance to be part of the event. I think the WWE also sells tickets at $300-400, so it’s a revenue source. Other sports might be doing this, too.

WWE-ThunderDome-Testing-1.jpg
WWE-ThunderDome-Testing-2.jpg

A lot of repeated faces.
That has to be expected. It’s the equivalent of seat filling at live events that don’t sell well. There’s a technological barrier that would limit the number people, plus add the high price tag, the fact that this is a new experience and you’re probably not going sell every seat every time.
Still has potential, IMO.

The potential for laughs is huge on this... The stuff people would do in their webcams...

The potential for laughs is huge on this... The stuff people would do in their webcams...
There have been people showing real life executions and the like already on WWE programming through this.

There have been people showing real life executions and the like already on WWE programming through this.

The irony is, it would "increase" ratings. People would be watching just to see what happens.

Although I'm not sure the WWE is ready for anything "real" to happen during their events.

The irony is, it would "increase" ratings. People would be watching just to see what happens.

Although I'm not sure the WWE is ready for anything "real" to happen during their events.
I think they could get into significant trouble since it's broadcasted on tv.

Back