Could Khabib submit Usman off his back?

Reydereyes

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I think he could. I don't see him outwrestling Usman though so that might be his best shot at beating him

No matter how boring Usman is, he can make fight stop in any position and that is skill which must be respected. To submit him, you would need a high level bjj guy like Maia. But then again, Usman chooses where the fight takes place and is master at keeping position he prefers. So yeah, i highly doubt it that he comes as unprepared as gaethje, especially in grappling department.
Short answer - No
Edit: I am talking about mma context, of course

I think he could. I don't see him outwrestling Usman though so that might be his best shot at beating him
Its hilarious that anyone thinks usman is better mma wrestler than khabib, it’s ridiculous. Ask DC luke Rockhold , fitch all aka guys what a phenom of a wrestler/grappler khabib is he got it all in ground game

Its hilarious that anyone thinks usman is better mma wrestler than khabib, it’s ridiculous. Ask DC luke Rockhold , fitch all aka guys what a phenom of a wrestler/grappler khabib is he got it all in ground game
I do think Khabib's is the better mma grappler but I base my assumption on size difference mostly

Yes. Khabib wrestles heavyweights in the gym. No problem

Idk, that takes a lot of strength. I think usman knows enough basic BJJ to defend against a triangle.

Khabib is better at everything and its not like Usman is that much bigger than him.

I think Khabib is better than Usman everywhere including striking
It would be a good fight only because of Usman's size and cardio IMO.
Not sure who I would favor if Khabib came into the fight at a solid 185lbs and in shape

Size matters. Much of what LWs say about Khabib is how strong his grip strength is and just him being stronger than they anticipated or using his weight well. He's not the strongest dude, but uses it well. Now, you have to deal with usman where you won't have that strength advantage or it being a neutral attribute. Usman will be the bigger man. You'd be dealing with more resistance. I think khabib could get it done possibly man, I really don't know. Grappling a dude that outweighs you by 20lbs for 25mins is something I'd like to see. I would have liked him to face usman and potentially beat him. I never cared about this gsp stuff. But usman and him are friends and khabib had no interest in moving up, so there's that.

I think skill for skill, khabib is better in all facets of the game. Better striker, better wrestler, better grappler. Better at controlling pace. Better footwork. You name it all. But size is a big issue.

Yes. Sucks he never went up. He would have dominated.

He easily can, submit him from the bottom or top. I doubt Usman even has better bjj than Justin.

Nope, as good as Khabibs groundgame is, Justin Gaethjes is just as bad. Conor, Dustin, Barboza, Al could all defend on the ground.

Usman would have a lot of physical advantageous like cardio, strength and size. I think khabib is technically more advanced, but it’s not like usman is worthless technique wise

Usman would likely be able to keep it standing and outbox Khabib. Would be a great fight though.

Back