How do you rank the GOATness of these 3?

GangGangGang

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
In order from most goat to least goat.

Demetrious Johnson 30-3
-11 title defenses (most consecutive defenses in ufc history)
-multiple time fighter of the year winner (2013, 2017)
-second fighter ever to be awarded all post fight bonuses (KOTN, POTN, FOTN, SOTN)
-never been finished
-Flyweight GOAT
-notable wins: Cejudo, Benavidez, Horiguchi, Dodson, McCall, Torres, Borg, Yamamoto.

Jose Aldo 28-7
-Former WEC and UFC champion (2 WEC title defenses and 7 UFC title defenses)
-Youngest WEC champion ever at 23
-Most consecutive wins in WEC (8)
-Most consecutive title defenses at FW in UFC (7)
-Featherweight GOAT
-notable wins: Mendes, Edgar, Zombie, Moicano, Faber, Brown, Swanson, Florian, Lamas.

Khabib Nurmagomedov 29-0
-Tied with BJ for most LW title defenses in UFC history (3)
-Longest consecutive win streak in UFC LW history (13)
-Never been dropped, cut or even bruised
-Lightweight GOAT
-notable wins: Conor, Dustin, Justin, RDA, Barboza, Iaquinta, Johnson.

Theres a few factors to somewhat take into account here as well:
-Mighty Mouse fought the first half of his career at a higher weight class than his natural weight.

-Jose's WEC career should be considered given he was promoted from WEC to UFC champion.

-Khabib retired while still in his prime and arguably the p4p #1 fighter

All three possess very technical skills. Khabibs potentially the GOAT MMA grappler right alongside with Demian Maia. Jose could very well have the best p4p TDD and leg kicks we've ever seen in MMA (in his prime). Mighty Mouse is almost perfect in every area of MMA.

So how do you rank these 3? Its up to you to decide whether its based on skill or achievements.

Khabib/DJ

Aldo

DJ is the most underrated due to being a “Manlet”.

It's a tough one!

I think I would have

1- GSP
2- Fedor
3- Demetrious Johnson
4- Khabib
5- Either Cormier, Nunes or Aldo. One of those three. It's really close tho.

Good question TS

MM is a manlet and fought in a shit division. Plus was driven out of a slightly-less-manlet division.

Khabib was more dominant than Aldo, but Aldo had more ranked guys. Also think Khabib's best wins >>> Aldo's.

Fedor
GSP
Jones
Khabib
Anderson

No manlets.

1- GSP
2- Fedor
3- Khabib
4- Cormier

Dan Henderson, Sakuraba should get some consideration though the number of losses are high.. They both fought MW to HW I believe.

It's a tough one!

I think I would have

1- GSP
2- Fedor
3- Demetrious Johnson
4- Khabib
5- Either Cormier, Nunes or Aldo. One of those three. It's really close tho.

Good question TS
You obviously didn't read the thread title or the OP.

Furthermore, your list is flawed.

• Aldo had the greatest strength of schedule, but has quite a few devastating losses close to his prime
  • Demetrious Johnson was super dominant, has a pretty much flawless skillset, but fought in the least stacked division out of the three.
  • Khabib was absurdly dominant and took pretty much no damage, his effectiveness is unparalleled in my eyes, and his only close fight came against someone who popped for EPO, but he wasn't around for too long (sadly.)

Serious question: What's the difference between Khabib, Usman, and Izzy from a record and accomplishment stand point?

The fact Sherdog tires to lump Khabib in with guys that were champions for 6+ years (Fedor/Jones/Anderson/GSP/Aldo) blows me away.

Among these three

Khabib
Aldo
DJ

Overall

Khabib
Jones
GSP
Fedor
Silva
Aldo
Cejudo
MM

Recency bias is real

DJ and Aldo > Khabib

I agree and Khabib is one of my favorite fighters while the others aren't. If khabib Wanted to do something about it he could while the others largely cannot. Their legacies are cemented through duration and dominance.

Aldo was a machine in his prime.
DJ fought super often and seemed like he would never lose.
They were both long time defending champions.

Aldo
DJ
Khabib

khabib - pure dominance
Aldo
DJ

line-up Aldo > DJ

• Aldo had the greatest strength of schedule, but has quite a few devastating losses close to his prime
  • Demetrious Johnson was super dominant, has a pretty much flawless skillset, but fought in the least stacked division out of the three.
  • Khabib was absurdly dominant and took pretty much no damage, his effectiveness is unparalleled in my eyes, and his only close fight came against someone who popped for EPO, but he wasn't around for too long (sadly.)
You nailed it imo.

Back