Media DC: Khabib used the triangle because he didn't want to break Justin's arm infront of his parents

This man keeps showing that he is levels - levels - above any competition. To consider an alternative submission in the thick of the scramble because it was his father's favourite submission and to avoid breaking Justin's arm out of compassion.

You can't make this up.
Fight IQ >9000

29-0

Alhamdulillah

This man keeps showing that he is levels - levels - above any competition. To consider an alternative submission in the thick of the scramble because it was his father's favourite submission and to avoid breaking Justin's arm out of compassion.

You can't make this up.
Fight IQ >9000

29-0

Alhamdulillah

It worked...but I wouldn't call that move "high fight IQ". He gave up a dominant position (mount) to go for a sub that would have put him in guard if he didn't pull it off. That's not a high fight IQ move.

Very merciful guy. He went easy on MJ aswell. The only one he really wanted to hurt was Conor. Khabib bless. GOAT.

He almost buroke Johnsons arm with the kimura lol.......

It worked...but I wouldn't call that move "high fight IQ". He gave up a dominant position (mount) to go for a sub that would have put him in guard if he didn't pull it off. That's not a high fight IQ move.

Maybe, but that’s a boat load of balls and confidence.

Why wasn't there a more experienced ref for this fight?

Gaethje clearly tapped and still got put unconscious, just a bad look.
After the fight, Dan Hardy talked to Jason Herzog, who reffed the fight. Right after Gaethje attempts the slam, his elbow lands on Khabib's face. Immediately afterward, Gaethje starts tapping on Khabib's head. The ref mistook it as slapping strikes. Makes sense in that context on how the ref could have not have seen it as a tap.

WiltedRegularGemsbuck-size_restricted.gif

Here's Dan Hardy mentioning it:

Gaethje clearly tapped and still got put unconscious, just a bad look
Most likely because if the ref made a mistake of stopping early, shitstorm would probably occu and Justin would complain about that fight being stopped when he was still conscious & capable of fighting.

Maybe, but that’s a boat load of balls and confidence.

Oh, totally, but I think it further bolsters DC's contention that he wanted to finish Dustin without injuring him. Otherwise, I couldn't see Khabib giving up mount for sub attempts.

After the fight, Dan Hardy talked to Jason Herzog, who reffed the fight. Right after Gaethje attempts the slam, his elbow lands on Khabib's face. Immediately afterward, Gaethje starts tapping on Khabib's head. The ref mistook it as slapping strikes. Makes sense in that context on how the ref could have not have seen it as a tap.

WiltedRegularGemsbuck-size_restricted.gif

Here's Dan Hardy mentioning it:

Yeah, I had a feeling this was the case because Jason is one of the better refs out there and usually is on point.

i dont believe this horseshit for one second.

he used the triangle simply because an armbar is very risky to pull off from mount even if you have the arm isolated.

you saw the first time he went for the armbar Justin was in a position to defend it and roll over on top. It is very possible he wouldve finished it if he had the time to do so however it would have been a battle and a scramble in which khabib couldve easily ended up on bottom.

with the triangle locked in even if you cant submit you have a better position to get up off the ground if the guy rolls you over and defends properly

this is pretty simple stuff anybody that has done bjj for a few years can understand. thats why in no gi you see more mounted triangles than mounted armbars these days. in a gi the mounted armber is much easier to pull off

The only one he really wanted to hurt was Conor
When you have Khabib saying stuff like wanting to change Conor's face pre-fight and going hard enough in that fight to the point that he was showing signs of fatigue in the 4th round...

and finishing that fight with a neck crank and not a standard RNC...

Back