Cormier has found his talent (at last)

San Griente

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
TLDR:
Watch the new Gaethje "Detail" video on ESPN plus. You will be glad you did.

OP:
When a man alights a platform and displays his skills to the world, the beauty or ugliness of his display depends, to a large extent, on the particular nature of the platform itself. A proper and suitable platform means a beautiful display. An ill-chosen platform means an ugly display.

For example, we all like to watch Derrick Lewis grind on a cage, yet few of us wish to watch Derrick Lewis grind on a stripper pole. "Grinding's neither good nor ill but platform makes it so --" thus writes Sir Kenneth Florian in his wonderful compendium, Every Saying Ever.

UFC HW former Champ Daniel Cormier has been out there in media-land for a few years now, announcing fights in that goofy voice, doing videos with that goofy face, carrying water for that goofy boss of his, and re-branding himself "The Daddest Man on the Planet."

When Dad goofs, Kids cringe.
- Fr. Canatus Floriensis

Naturally, Cormier's results have been mixed. If he kept this up much longer, his media career was in danger of becoming one endless fried-chicken drumstick-dance gif.

But let me tell you, Sherdoggers and Sherdoggerettes, in his latest "Detail from the Mind of DC" video on ESPN+, Daniel Cormier absolutely establishes himself as Titleholder in the Heavyweight Division of MMA media.

Turns out he just needed the right platform. Compare the virgin platform most Sherdoggers know about:

"Hey, we got a Heavyweight champ who's gonna be retiring one of these days. Let's put him on the production side! He'll engage in witty repartee as he gossips with Joe Rogan and Ariel Helwani! He'll use his persuasive skills to sell Mr. White's vision of sports-league-as-old-time-plantation to the ESPN audience!!"

with this chad platform, hidden from the vulgar mob behind a $5 paywall:

"Hey, we got a Heavyweight champ who's gonna be retiring one of these days. Let's put him on the production side! He'll have his own show where he breaks down film on fighters with upcoming matches!!"

Just watch Detail: Gaethje on ESPN+ right now. You will be glad you did.

Well since I like DC and think he does a good job on several fronts and your post is kinda leading I'll jus leave a

<36>

Back