If Cannonier Wins, Is The Narrative Automatically That Whittaker Is Washed???

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
That seems to be what I'm seeing around here and from the media pundits. That Whittaker is better and should win but he might not be the same so Jared could win.

I think this is pretty unfair to Jared, not that he gives a fuck as long as he gets a title shot. Still I'm not buying the narrative. People NEVER acknowledge the fact that Whittaker's best wins were against two guys who were older at the time than Cannonier is now, and they were a lot more battle worn as well regardless of their rankings at the time.

People think Cannonier is a lesser Romero but they are completely different stylistically. If he dogs Whittaker people need to recognize the man has skills. His win over The Joker should have let you know he's a threat.

After Jan beat the brakes off Reyes and won the belt, I think anything is possible.

Whittaker is 10-1 at MW, his only loss to the undefeated champ

Jared is 4-2 since he moved down but he has shown a lot of improvement just like Jan did.

Depends on how the fight goes. If Jared KO's Whittaker in round one, it won't bode well for Whittaker. If its a close decision win then it won't hurt his stock.

Sherdog will say Izzy cracked his chin, and he got lucky versus Till.

Depends on how, if he wins a decision no, but KO then people will talk about it since Robert has taken a lot damage and chin might be affected.

Based on what? He's 10-1 at MW and his only loss at that weight class is to the champ. How is that washed up?

I guess unless you are undefeated you are washed up?

Everyone is washed up, overrated and on steroids

He look pretty washed to me.
Face-App-1603498369127.jpg

That seems to be what I'm seeing around here and from the media pundits. That Whittaker is better and should win but he might not be the same so Jared could win.

I think this is pretty unfair to Jared, not that he gives a fuck as long as he gets a title shot. Still I'm not buying the narrative. People NEVER acknowledge the fact that Whittaker's best wins were against two guys who were older at the time than Cannonier is now, and they were a lot more battle worn as well regardless of their rankings at the time.

People think Cannonier is a lesser Romero but they are completely different stylistically. If he dogs Whittaker people need to recognize the man has skills. His win over The Joker should have let you know he's a threat.
Don’t compare Romero against mere mortals.

According to Sherdoggers, yes, once a fighter loses, they’re considered washed. Never credit the winner.

I mean to be fair as someone that's rooting for Cannonier, if he wins by KO, I'll be happy...but at the same time I won't be all that surprised.

I know people are gonna disagree with me but Robert doesn't really have a Chin, and I think people get that confused for Heart and Recovery. He's always shown that when hit clean and hard that his legs are the first thing to go and he's soundly on the Floor, its his RECOVERY that is what's good.

Robert is still the better Mixed Martial Artist of the two, and has bounced back from his loss to Adesanya, so it's still a very solid win for Jared even if Robert Whittaker's chin is long gone. He'll have beaten a former Champion with a resume full of Killers himself so anyone who thinks otherwise can Fuck off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back