Khabib vs Usman: Khabib's last fight

John Cena

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Khabib's last fight shouldn't be with GSP, it should be with Usman for the WW title

A fight with a near 40year old GSP does nothing for his legacy, it's a lose - lose.
He beats GSP and people will say he beat a GSP that's past his prime at a lower weight class
He loses and people will say that he was beaten by a GSP that's past his prime at a lower weight class

A win over GSP at 155 or 165 will hold as much weight as a win over Anderson Silva, much more impressive 5-10 years ago. Granted, GSP hasn't taken an L since 2007 but we still can't ignore that GSP has taken a LOT of punishment

There's nothing left for Khabib after Gaethje other than Tony and we all know that will never happen

A fight with Usman makes the most sense at this point if we are talking about legacy. Usman is a dominant champion, someone who can push and truly test Khabib.
In terms of legacy, double champion holds a lot of weight. Khabib even jokes with DC about looking down to avoid eye contact when DC was double champ.

It's time to see how Khabib fairs against the big boys like Usman who will neutralize his grappling. This will be the ultimate test. Previously, there was the argument that Usman and Khabib are super close and will never fight but now we see Usman helping Gaethje.

A fight with Usman will silence all doubters

Khabib already said he's not fighting anywhere but LW.

Usman vs khabib will never happen.
We don't even know if Usman will hold the belt..

Khabib gas trained with Usman before, I'm sure that if he felt ge could beat him he would go up and retire as Champ Champ.

Khabib has stated he has no interest moving up. Plus Usman stated...

“I would never fight Khabib, that’s my brother. It’s just a mutual respect. I don’t see myself ever fighting Khabib. I don’t see myself ever fighting Israel. Even though a lot of people have hinted toward it,”

I would love to see it to, provided Khabib wins tomorrow.

As others have pointed out above, it's highly unlikely. But it'd be of much greater interest to me than a match against Ferguson, Chandler, or Oliveira at 155.

WW actually has wrestlers, Khabib don't want none of that

Khabib's last fight shouldn't be with GSP, it should be with Usman for the WW title

A fight with a near 40year old GSP does nothing for his legacy, it's a lose - lose.
He beats GSP and people will say he beat a GSP that's past his prime at a lower weight class
He loses and people will say that he was beaten by a GSP that's past his prime at a lower weight class

A win over GSP at 155 or 165 will hold as much weight as a win over Anderson Silva, much more impressive 5-10 years ago. Granted, GSP hasn't taken an L since 2007 but we still can't ignore that GSP has taken a LOT of punishment

There's nothing left for Khabib after Gaethje other than Tony and we all know that will never happen

A fight with Usman makes the most sense at this point if we are talking about legacy. Usman is a dominant champion, someone who can push and truly test Khabib.
In terms of legacy, double champion holds a lot of weight. Khabib even jokes with DC about looking down to avoid eye contact when DC was double champ.

It's time to see how Khabib fairs against the big boys like Usman who will neutralize his grappling. This will be the ultimate test. Previously, there was the argument that Usman and Khabib are super close and will never fight but now we see Usman helping Gaethje.

Its a huge fight

Khabib has stated he has no interest moving up. Plus Usman stated...

“I would never fight Khabib, that’s my brother. It’s just a mutual respect. I don’t see myself ever fighting Khabib. I don’t see myself ever fighting Israel. Even though a lot of people have hinted toward it,”

He says that but yet he's been helping Gaethje by sparring with him to prepare for Khabib

He says that but yet he's been helping Gaethje by sparring with him to prepare for Khabib

I did consider that as well. Guess "Training Partners" is a different level of "Respect".

Much as I would like to see it, I seriously doubt GSP will ever fight again. The UFC is not interested in him coming back yet again for a single fight and maybe taking another belt with him.

I don't know if there would be much interest in Khabib Usman. It wouldn't be the most exciting fight and its not like Usman has much in the way of a fanbase.

Hell Masvidal has a lot more fans than Usman and he is nowhere near as good a fighter.

keep crying ts

stfu and go cry somewhere else because nobody at lw can beat the man so u want him fight guys with 20-30 pounds advantage on him hoping he would lose.

Usman said “ i will never fight khabib he my brother “ khabib said he wouldn’t fight usman”

But if colby covington is champ or Masvidal ever i can see khabib trying to beat them

Back