News Frankie Edgar has asked the UFC to fight Cory Sandhagen next

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

giphy.gif

Sandhagen/Dillashaw makes more sense but F it. WAR Frankie. One more run!

Sandhagen just beat number 1 Moraes. Edgar isn’t going to be his next bout.

samdhagen should be 1 win away from a title shot imo

Sandhagen just beat number 1 Moraes. Edgar isn’t going to be his next bout.

samdhagen should be 1 win away from a title shot imo

A win over top 5 guy and legend in Frankie would secure that title shot all the same.

Ok he got flatlined by Ortega and KZ but no shame in that. He held his own vs Max and looked good vs Munhoz. This is a good fight to see where he's at in the BW division. Sink or swim.

He arguably lost against Munhoz (I thought he clearly did) and you want him to fight a title contender that is a far more difficult matchup?

Frankie can play gatekeeper at BW but he’s never sniffing the title even, so putting him against contenders is highly unlikely.

He’s in a tricky spot - he’s a “name” but there aren’t currently compelling matchups for what they pay him. Sucks cause he is a good guy.

Yeah, I'm confused why people in here are so uninterested in it. They're both on a one fight win streak over top 5 guys. It makes sense to me. There's a lot of upside for Sandhagen in beating a guy as respected as Edgar, too.
Weren't they scheduled to fight last year before Edgar took the Zombie fight?

Frankie wants to test that 30% Takedown defence of Corey's.

War frankie!

I’m not even saying Frankie isn’t a tough style matchup - it’s that there is literally no reason to make this fight.

Frankie is no longer a contender, he’s a gatekeeper at this stage - the queue in front of him is like 4 guys and he only has one suspect win in the division over Munhoz (he did better then expected against Max but still didn’t look great by his own standards).

Contenders fight Contenders/Champions, Gatekeepers fight Prospects on the way to being Contenders.

It’s a shitty spot but happens to all aging fighters that are still good enough to compete with the elite but not beat them.

Back