Would a Magny win over Khamzat cement him as the GOATkeeper?

gotBooched

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He’s already in the running for the GOAT gatekeeper. Would a victory and subsequent hypetrain derailment cement him as the king of all gatekeepers?

am i wrong if I add barbosa and gonzaga as rightfull challengers to this list?

I think Magny will win. It won’t be a walk in the park though. Tough matchup for both guys.

There was a time where being a gatekeeper was an honor not an insult. I’m old school and still look at it that way. You have to be a legit fighter to beat a gatekeeper, that means gatekeepers are good fighters by default.

More like Khamzat will be known as the Gatesmesher once he's done dispatching him inside 2

No, he is the GOALkeeper, preventing up and coming fighters from reaching their goals.

I think people have different definitions of gatekeeper on here. I'd toss in Cub Swanson if we're talking about people never getting a title shot (dont think he had one in WEC) and Joe B about never winning a belt.

am i wrong if I add barbosa and gonzaga as rightfull challengers to this list?
Overeem, Blachowicz, Brunson, Magny, Felder(hurts to say), Stephanes, Dodson, Elliot.
All the female mma fighters outside of the champs.

I think people have different definitions of gatekeeper on here. I'd toss in Cub Swanson if we're talking about people never getting a title shot (dont think he had one in WEC) and Joe B about never winning a belt.
Gate keeper imo means you hover around the top 10 ....you beat everyone outside the top 10 , but rarely beat anyone inside the top 10

Brunson will always be the GOAT gatekeeper. Everyone who he's lost to has been a contender or champion.
Speaking of the man, I would like to see Chimaev vs Brunson for his next MW fight

uhhh.. overeem is a legend and jan is the current LHW champ. awful picks as "gatekeepers"
{<redford}

I agree that he's a legend, but outside of his Strikeforce and Dream days he's been a gatekeeper to the top his entire career. Basically the HW version of Cerrone. As for Yan, it just proves that any fighter can rise to the top if given an opportunity. Love both these guys as fighters.

Back