Dumb thread idea but if ben askren gets his hip figured Out how about a rematch with jorge masvidal

Summed it up in the first 3 words of the title.
I know but let’s just get past that.
Let’s say he injects stem cells and Jorge has been retired Himself for a year or so.

askren posts highlights of him training and he’s looking fresh. He’s roasting hisself
On Twitter about avoiding the knee this time etc

just a fun absurd thought

The only way I'd be interested in seeing Askren again is if he went back in time 10 years and actually trained striking.

Otherwise, it's really a waste of everyone's time because anyone who can keep distance and strike will pick him apart, and anyone who has good transitions and sweeps will choke him out.

He's really just not that good at MMA. Great wrestler, bad fighter.

By all accounts he’s doing well financially. He was already retired once. He is never beating the elite in the UFC. It would be nothing but a cash grab. I really doubt it ever happens, but I’d watch it.

The only way I'd be interested in seeing Askren again is if he went back in time 10 years and actually trained striking.

Otherwise, it's really a waste of everyone's time because anyone who can keep distance and strike will pick him apart, and anyone who has good transitions and sweeps will choke him out.

What is a sweep liek when you’re grappling and trip them with your feet or

I know but let’s just get past that.
Let’s say he injects stem cells and Jorge has been retired Himself for a year or so.

askren posts highlights of him training and he’s looking fresh. He’s roasting hisself
On Twitter about avoiding the knee this time etc

just a fun absurd thought
The build would be fun. But don't think it's a good idea for ben. He was ok with the idea of retiring already as it was before the mighty mouse trade. And now that he's had a hip replacement feel like he's mentally content stepping away knowing his body isn't quite what it used to be, and that it didn't go his way which is fine.

tenor.gif

first fight was super competitive...

one of those "no one did more with less" fighters. i'd watch the rematch though

If Askren was magically healed somehow, I'd love to see the fight. I highly doubt it would end in the same spectacular fashion, but that's what makes it appealing.

Say what you will about Askren, but he is exceptional at controlling people on the ground, yet for all of Masvidal's shortcomings, being easily controlled on bottom isn't one of them. He made both Demian Maia and Kamaru Usman work hard to put him and keep him there. If you're a big Gamebred fan, then the thought of him pushing aside Askren and jabbing him up a la Iaquinta would make you want to watch and cheer.

Back