Khabib aiming to expose Justin Gaethje’s cardio at UFC 254

Now mods posting 40 minute interviews with no cliffs

GravePoliticalDoe-small.gif

Now mods posting 40 minute interviews with no cliffs

GravePoliticalDoe-small.gif
I don't get it either. Another threads had cliffs notes and they were all merged into one big thread only for the mods to post the same video over and over again in multiple threads. Someone help me figure this this out, please.

Khabibs secret is that he paces himself better than he lets on. He doesn't shoot for a ton of takedowns like Colby or Kevin lee. He stood in the Mcgregor and Iaquinta fights for a reason after his first takedowns in those rounds didn't go his way. From what I recall Justin never got insanely tired outside of getting fucking nailed a lot. Will be interesting.

Justin has good cardio when he can dictate the pace standing up

I expect his cardio to go to shit when Khabib grabs a hold of him and takes him down

He even admitted he doesn't like wrestling cause its makes him gas

Khabibs secret is that he paces himself better than he lets on. He doesn't shoot for a ton of takedowns like Colby or Kevin lee. He stood in the Mcgregor and Iaquinta fights for a reason after his first takedowns in those rounds didn't go his way. From what I recall Justin never got insanely tired outside of getting fucking nailed a lot. Will be interesting.

Really? I feel like its the opposite, his pace is extremely high in the first two rounds.

By the 4th you see him land less successful takedowns. He even attempts them less and lets the fight stay standing while he recovers a bit.

Luckily once he does land the TD in the later rounds his opponents are so gassed he can finish them

Of all of his attributes I wouldn’t describe cardio as being Khabib’s main one. His cardio is not suspect by any stretch, but it’s in the same league as Gathje’s.

Really? I feel like its the opposite, his pace is extremely high in the first two rounds.

By the 4th you see him land less successful takedowns. He even attempts them less and lets the fight stay standing while he recovers a bit.

Luckily once he does land the TD in the later rounds his opponents are so gassed he can finish them
Thats what I meant by pacing. Hes smart enough to get those early rounds and then be able to take over any of the last 3 if needed with a brutal rush. Mcgregor still had enough gas to make adjustments and fight off Khabibs takedown attempts in the 3rd so he held off a bit. Round 4 hit when exhaustion started to come at gooby and it was over. Gaethje has a lot of question marks and if he tags Khabib early its gonna be harder to do so.

Striking cardio and grappling endurance are two completely different beasts and a lot of sherdog does not understand that because they've never done either.

Striking cardio and grappling endurance are two completely different beasts and a lot of sherdog does not understand that because they've never done either.
Add to that the mental conditioning of being able to dig deep when you are losing badly and just keep going partly out of instinct partly out of the knowledge that your opponent is only human and can only attack with so much before the volume drops

Man if justin could’ve stayed more patient. Khabib was def scared of that right hand

Back