Can some brazilians translate important parts

Important parts:

8041c6a9091b70b34f9c542268f90d2b.5.jpg

I think he talks about what eent wrong in the beggining

I just checked out the first few minutes for you:

Wallid basically says the gameplan for the first two rounds was to take it slow and probe, then pick up the pace and chase the knockout in rounds 3,4, and 5.

I respect Wallid but if that was indeed the gameplan then that’s some Low IQ MMA right there. Never give a striker the chance to settle in.

<DisgustingHHH>
<DisgustingHHH>
<DisgustingHHH>

Lol what a shitty gameplan, not sleeping definitely alters performance but that's stress management + you can take supplements to get knocked out and wake up good, anyway without a grappling heavy gameplan the result is clear with adesanya.

Wallid said Costa was destroyed by jetlag!!!!
Unbelievable!
According to him, the night before the fight Costa was having cramps, and that´s why he had the cupping marks on one leg. Wallid said that Costa has sleeping difficulties and he did not sleep 24 hours before the fight.
Always according to Wallid, the plan was to go slow the first two rounds, and look for the KO in the third, fourth and fifth. I never heard of a more moronic gamplean than this.
But he said that Costa should have change the gameplan in the third minute of the first round.

Painful to watch.

Adding: Wallid says that Costa´s body faced a lot of problems recovering weight. After cutting weight, his recovery was very bad, and he believes that´s the reason why he was having cramps.

Last edited:
Unbelievable!
According to him, the night before the fight Costa was having cramps, and that´s why he had the cupping marks on one leg. Wallid said that Costa has sleeping difficulties and he did not sleep 24 hours before the fight.
Always according to Wallid, the plan was to go slow the first two rounds, and look for the KO in the third, fourth and fifth. I never heard of a more moronic gamplean than this.
But he said that Costa should have change the gameplan in the third minute of the first round.

Painful to watch.

As expected.. his team majorly f*cked up! this is exactly what i was thinking happened. His team told him to limit himself in the first two rounds which caused a beast like Izzy do steam roll through him. Wallid or the other fool trainer said to Costa in between rounds everything looked good! He should have told him to go for broke like he usually does. Lame team that gave him bad advice.

As expected.. his team majorly f*cked up! this is exactly what i was thinking happened. His team told him to limit himself in the first two rounds which caused a beast like Izzy do steam roll through him. Wallid or the other fool trainer said to Costa in between rounds everything looked good! He should have told him to go for broke like he usually does. Lame team that gave him bad advice.

Well, Wallid says that he is Costa´s manager, not trainer. He says he stayed at the locker room, and didn´t want to get involved in the strategy, but the saw on TV how Costa was being dismantled without reacting.
A botched job, really.

Wallid believes that there is a chance of a new fight soon as, according to him, UFC has proof that the nutritionist was treating Costa 10pm before de fight...
He believes the rematch can happen january or february... LOL

Gosh, man, having a POS like Wallid as a manager must be something special.

Unbelievable!

Painful to watch.

Adding: Wallid says that Costa´s body faced a lot of problems recovering weight. After cutting weight, his recovery was very bad, and he believes that´s the reason why he was having cramps.
Thank You for translating.

If UFC blocks an immediate rematch, Wallid wants Costa to fight the same night and same arena than Adesanya next fight.
Till? According to Wallid, Till has a fight already scheduled, but he wants Costa to fight either Adesanya in a rematch or a top 4, nothing lower than that.

Also, Wallid says that any plan to move up to LHW now is abandoned. Costa wants now a new fight with Adesanya LOL

The fat dude doing the interview says that Costa reached 106 kg (233 pounds) during the camp, and had to go down to 185 pounds... and Wallid did not deny it... LMAO

Last edited:
If UFC blocks an immediate rematch, Wallid wants Costa to fight the same night and same arena than Adesanya next fight.
Till? According to Wallid, Till has a fight already scheduled, but he wants Costa to fight either Adesanya in a rematch or a top 4, nothing lower than that.

Costa needs to prove himself again by steam rolling 1 or two more fighters. Don't see an immediate rematch for him.

Back