UFC 254: Khabib, Gaethje, Michael Chandler | Virtual Media Day 1 p.m. ET / 10 am PT

Inverse

Ginger Belt
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score

Khabib Nurmagomedov, UFC lightweight champion
Justin Gaethje, Interim UFC lightweight champion
Michael Chandler, UFC lightweight

Estimated Times:
Justin Gaethje – 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
Khabib Nurmagomedov – 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT
Michael Chandler – 3 p.m. ET / 12 p.m. PT

Last edited:
I did not know that Chandler signed with UFC,very good news

I want to hear from Gaethje and Khabib but WHY is the UFC trying to force Chandler down their fanbases throats lol?

Does he actually have a fight signed or is he just riding the bench?
I believe he's the official backup for Khabib vs Gaethje.

I believe he's the official backup for Khabib vs Gaethje.

Ahh so it’s confirmed.

Does he have a fight? Or is it just strictly back up duty for UFC 254? They normally schedule the potential replacement on a fight ala Tony vs Pettis on the Conor/Khabib undercard.

Justin Gaethje is on now!

Right as I tune in, Gaethje's on. Awesome. He should get closer to the camera, though.

NiceAbandonedGreathornedowl-size_restricted.gif

Khabib on now!

Conor doesn't want to be a backup, Tony vs. Dustin is stalled because the red Goof is too cheap, and all that's left is a potential top 5 LW who's best win is a prime Alvarez and washed up Bendo.

LW was better in 2016.

Via the UFC media day Livestream

He said Ali told him he's going to fight a tough opponent in December. If he win/finishes, he believes he deserves a fight for #1 contender

I mean... Some guys need to win 10 straight fights to get into the top 10. Chimaev is a win away from contendership. Only shows that there is no legitimazy to this sport, only money and drawing numbers. But hey, I watch it anyways. Im just happy most of my favorites fights everyone and dont get special treatment etc.

Khabib saying he is not retiring yet, still has options.

I mean... Some guys need to win 10 straight fights to get into the top 10. Chimaev is a win away from contendership. Only shows that there is no legitimazy to this sport, only money and drawing numbers. But hey, I watch it anyways. Im just happy most of my favorites fights everyone and dont get special treatment etc.

<PlusJuan>

I think this might be BS from the manager, but who knows, he could be telling the truth. We'll see.

If Khamzat obliterates his next two (presumably ranked) opponents like he did with his previous three, i can very well see him in title contention.

Back