Chris Weidman: Israel Adesanya Is ‘A Tailor-Made Matchup For Me’

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

“Absolutely (I can beat Adesanya),” Weidman said. “I think that’s a tailor-made matchup for me. Those athletic strikers, tall lanky guys, I’ve proven that I can beat. I think pressure, wrestling, heavy punches and kicks…just nonstop pressure is what you need to beat them. That’s the recipe that beats those guys. I’ve proves that with Anderson Silva twice, Uriah Hall another one. Those guys are in trouble against me.

“I think that’s an exciting fight to make,” Weidman continued. “If you look up and down the rankings, I don’t think there’s too many other fights that can excite people the way our narratives could work, and what I bring to the table. It’s not any bulls–t, it’s just facts. If you’re into MMA and you really understand the game, you look at my game and you know I present some serious trouble for Adesanya, and more than anybody’s ever had in the past. He hasn’t really fought any other great, accoladed wrestler, other than Yoel Romero who doesn’t use his wrestling so I don’t even count that. I’m the type of guy that will bring that pressure, and I will take him down and ragdoll him on the floor.”

https://middleeasy.com/mma-news/chris-weidman-adesanya-tailor-made/

He can definitely beat Izzy although Izzy is a beast and a better version of Anderson. His chin isn't as good as it used to be but if his takedowns are successful he wins

In terms of the stylistic matchup, he’s not wrong...

But he didn’t look all that great against Akhmedov, and he has already shown that he is at a clear disadvantage when standing against lesser strikers than Adesanya...

Chances are Adesanya ruins Weidman before it even has a chance to get to the ground...

Yeah but Chris don't forget about your glass chin

Izzy finds it in round 1

A tailor made matchup to get knocked out before the end of round one. Now we know why his old man got on the mic with that cringe cause Chris is full of it as well.

Too bad Weidman can't string together the 2 or 3 consecutive wins required to get a title fight.

Weidman in the first round akways looks really good.

Maybe if the teh chris can get on the same acai as izzy we can have bitch tits Weidman as champ again.

He can definitely beat Izzy although Izzy is a beast and a better version of Anderson. His chin isn't as good as it used to be but if his takedowns are successful he wins

Izzy is not a better version of the Spider, Silva used knees much better and had better boxing not to mention being a BJJ wizard... Izzy is more of a pure striker with basic grappling. The Brazilians of Silva's era didnt have the best wrestling but they made up for it by being equally devastating wherever the fight went.

Izzy will KO weidman though

Back