If Colby and Marty wrestle in their rematch, who does it favor and would the outcome be different?

ColbyCovChamp

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Colby was outstriking Marty until the finish in their first fight

If he decides to implement his D1 All-American wrestling against Marty's D2 crotch sniffing, I definitely see a decisive victory for Colby this time.

Any wrestling experts wanna provide their armchair analysis?

Usman beats him standing up and on the ground.. Usman is the better MMA wrestler

Colby is the better fighter everywhere p4p, but Usman is close enough where the size and power gives him the edge, I still think Colby wins regardless, I think the jaw shot was kind of 'lucky', like you don't usually injure people even from clean shots, and Usman body shots hurt Colby bad and he would be prepared better this time

Colby's the one of these two who shoots. So they end up against the cage where Usman defends them, until they break. Then they stand. Usman's very good in that position, good balance and strength in the clinch.

I believe Usman can take Colby down more than Colby can take him down. Usman's base, his TDD, is stronger.

For Colby to win he has to be the more active fighter of the two and not get hurt, and that's in mostly stand-up.

Idk, Usman can’t even run anymore because his knees are blown out. I could see Colby outwrestling him

Colby was outstriking Marty until the finish in their first fight

If he decides to implement his D1 All-American wrestling against Marty's D2 crotch sniffing, I definitely see a decisive victory for Colby this time.

Any wrestling experts wanna provide their armchair analysis?

Colby has pitter patter striking, though...

Colby has wrestled in all of his fights but didn't even attempt to wrestle Usman, I think he knows he would find no success in taking Marty down, he's way stronger, maybe trying to wear on Usman, dirty box him against the fence......but I think he would be unable to hold him there.

Usman wins again. Colby never beats Usman. Usman is bigger,better and more skilful at everything. Also don’t forget Woodley had better wrestling credentials than Usman and what happend? Haha,Colby would get his ass knocked out and jaw shattered again.

Usman wins again. Colby never beats Usman. Usman is bigger,better and more skilful at everything. Also don’t forget Woodley had better wrestling credentials than Usman and what happend? Haha,Colby would get his ass knocked out and jaw shattered again.
If you watched the first fight and drew the conclusion that colby never beats usman you're out of your mind

I'll spare you the time.

Usman Wins.

Close thread.
Usman pins Colby down and sweats all over Colby's face
I wouldn't be so quick with that conclusion. There's a reason neither guy touched the takedowns.

I think it would be a stale fight. Possibly the worst fight in UFC history, if both guys decided to wrestle. Clinch fest with maybe one guy getting a takedown late in the fight.

Nah, these guys will never wrestle eachother in MMA.

What Made Colby think he was a striker (same with Weedman/Sousa)? Why always play on the opponent weakness (supposed) instead of your own strenght?

Why did neither one of them attempt to wrestle in the first fight?

Back