Chris Weidman vs. Darren Till would be such fun.

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It’s a winnable fight for both guys.

Loser leaves the Top 10.

The winner stays.

Main event for a fight night or it can be an undercard with a nice main event.

I have Weidman by decision.

Weidman gets destroyed in this fight too. He stoo washed up. But hey, at least he knows what it feels like to be and old fighter now. Considering his title reign consisted of fighting old fighters

Weidman gasses after like 1 minute and has no chin. Wouldn't even be close.

Weidman needs to fight the dude Khazmat just beat. Weidman needs a step down in competition. Dude isn't elite anymore.

It’s a winnable fight for both guys.

Loser leaves the Top 10.

The winner stays.

Main event for a fight night or it can be an undercard with a nice main event.

I have Weidman by decision.
Lol, thinly veiled Weidman hate thread. The man has a family to consider.

Or do you mean with headgear?

Ok, jokes aside, he won one recently and we all know that means he's due to be KO'd next fight so put him against someone without KO power at least.

Weidman needs to fight the dude Khazmat just beat. Weidman needs a step down in competition. Dude isn't elite anymore.

I actually agree that someone like GM3 is more representative of Weidman's actual current skill level. The wins over Gastelum three years ago -- and now Omari just recently -- are sort of clouding the waters when it comes to matchmaking for him... and probably giving the man himself a false sense of confidence. But that being said, the rankings are what they are and he ultimately won his fight fair and square.

He's going to undoubtedly demand a ranked opponent, leading to him running into a legit contender and getting smashed for his trouble. I think Omari was probably one of the most favorable match-ups for him in the entire Middleweight Top 15 and even then Chris looked incredibly labored getting the W. I think this will be a self-solving problem, but unfortunately one that will be "solved" by Weidman sustaining unnecessary damage trying to relive his glory days before getting knocked back down to the bottom of the pool to fill a role akin to Shogun, OSP, Lawler, Cerrone, Condit, etc. Old vets who linger around at the bottom of the division and occasionally get called upon to fill card slots, test the up-and-comers (or just pad their records), and duke it out with one another in nostalgia bouts.

Weidman just beat Akhmedov. Granted he didn't look great, but there's no reason to fight someone ranked much lower now.

Till would knock Weidman into next week.

Itd look like the Reyes fight except itd take more than the first left straight counter to put Weidman out

Weidman should replace Uriah Hall for Anderson's retirement fight. Would be the perfect ending.

Till might ko him but you realise til is dog shit on the ground . . . Like garbage

Unpopular opinion but I think Chris would have a really good chance of winning. Can Darren stop the takedown?

Back