Lets be real we all know who the light heavyweight champion will be next year

MMA_enthusiast

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
And that man is clearly Anthony Rumble Johnson.

I mean credit to Jan for doing a good job against Reyes and winning a vacant belt but i see no way Rumble doesnt come in next year and spark him clean. I dont see Santos or glover doing anything to rumble either nor do i see prospects like Jiri mustering up a chance to win.

picsart_02-26-02-58-13-jpg.532381

1551152354383.png

full

revisit an old classic sherdog shoop thread from where i got these pics: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/shoop-dat-yuge-rumbles-head.3917511/

Last edited:
If Rumble comes back anywhere near what he left then yes he will get gold.

Until then I'm going with Jan or Glover.

Rumbles old, has been out of the game for a few years and was never the most consistent fighter to begin with. I hope he returns in form, the guy is awesome but I wouldn't count on some reign of dominance.

Adesanya will be LHW champion next year guaranteed.

How can you say that about a guy who hasn’t even proven he can go 5 rounds without gassing and being choked out? There’s a lot more to fighting than power. If Jan or whoever is champ can take it to deep waters Rumble is toast. Rumble is the quintessential bully. He fades when shit gets tough.

Rumbles old, has been out of the game for a few years and was never the most consistent fighter to begin with. I hope he returns in form, the guy is awesome but I wouldn't count on some reign of dominance.

He was plenty consistent at LHW. He outstruck everyone he fought and only lost to DC. Don't forget he's 2-2 against LHW grapplers with wins over Phil Davis and Ryan Bader and the two losses to DC.

Is he still fighting Cutelaba? He lost against Paul Craig, so my bum senses are tingling, then again the current champ started his UFC run with a 2-4 record.
He beat the shit out of Paul Craig for the entire fight but get subbed by Craig in the last 10 seconds. It's basically a fluke.

Back