Is Tony Ferguson Getting Screwed Again?

Wreckless

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So the UFC initially tried to make Ferguson Vs Poirier. That fight didn't happen because Poirier felt that he deserved a bigger pay. Ferguson even supported him and told the UFC to give him what he wants.

Chandler was then offered to Ferguson but he stuck with Poirier.

Now the UFC is trying to make Conor Vs Poirier and there's no doubt the winner of that is getting the next title shot.

Did Ferguson just get fucked again? The guy just can't catch a break.

No he got his ass whipped bad

I'm happy for Dustin v conor if it happens

Both guys would smash tony

Yeah sure he has

He had two fights at 155 and fought the champ twice, hardly ducking

If Tony had the belt conor would have knocked him out

The fact that Poirier asked for 7 figures to fight Tony. 1 million according to Anik, kind of leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

I feel like that fight elevated Poirier more if he won. It wasn't even for a title and you're going to ask for 1 million?

As much as I respect Poirier, he priced himself out on that one.

Whos a good match up to fight Tony? Besides De Bronx? I dont know if I Wanna see Tony fight Hooker that guy who gasses after the first 3 rds. Either Dustin, Bronx or Conor

Yeah sure he has

He had two fights at 155 and fought the champ twice, hardly ducking

If Tony had the belt conor would have knocked him out
Conor is 2-1 at LW if we take into account a win over shook and shopworn Cowboy.

There's a reason Conor never mentions Tony's name. The UFC had to strip Conor of his LW title when Ferg was interim champ because he didn't want to defend.

Conor had plenty of occasions to fight Tony and never did.

Last edited:
The fact that Poirier asked for 7 figures to fight Tony. 1 million according to Anik, kind of leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

I feel like that fight elevated Poirier more if he won. It wasn't even for a title and you're going to ask for 1 million?

I dont think a million is too much for one of the best LWs in the world, a former interm champ to fight another best LW in the world in a big main event fight

Conor is 2-1 at LW if we take into account a win over shook and shopworn Cowboy.

There's a reason Conor never mentions Tony's name. The UFC had to strip him of his LW title when Ferguson was interim champ because he didn't want to defend.

He had many occasions to fight Tony and never did.

Cowboy was 170

Conor would annilhate tony. Tony had a good run, but he was like a cat with 9 lives in many of his fights

I'm no fan of conor, but he is miles better than Tony Ferguson and so is khabib

Cowboy was 170

Conor would annilhate tony. Tony had a good run, but he was like a cat with 9 lives in many of his fights

I'm no fan of conor, but he is miles better than Tony Ferguson and so is khabib
Prime Conor could barely beat journeyman Nate Diaz. Got choked out in their first fight and squeeked a decision in the rematch.

Imagine thinking he would smash Ferguson. Not to mention a drunk, semi retired Conor who already has a foot out the door.

But all of that is besides the point. Whether Conor would beat Tony or not is your opinion and has nothing to do with this thread. Conor ducking Tony is a fact.

I dont think a million is too much for one of the best LWs in the world, a former interm champ to fight another best LW in the world in a big main event fight
They were supposed to be co-main.

And you have to be a needle mover to ask for that kind of money. That's just how business works.

I understand there's a logical ceiling for how much to ask, but it is kind of sad that a guy with 23 UFC fights (25, if you count WEC), 6 fights against former/future champs in a row, 8 bonuses in a row (even more than Gaethje), 6 main events in a row, just got done with a FOTY contender and wanting for more is still on a 150/150 contract. The guy is, basically, only guaranteed 150k.

7 figures is a lot, but the reality is they probably didn't even offer 1/3rd of that. Which is probably what he would've settled for. He is a work horse, wants to fight often (2017 and 2018 had 3 fights every year), never had less than 2 even after set backs and beatings, doesn't have a boring style and can be competitive with the elite... The dude is who you want on your roster.

He is disgustingly underpaid. Again, 7 figures could be unreasonable, but nothing more? Nothing? They didn't even wanna negotiate? It's a joke.

Prime Conor could barely beat journeyman Nate Diaz. Got choked out in their first fight and squeeked a decision in the rematch.

Imagine thinking he would smash Ferguson. Not to mention a drunk, semi retired Conor who already has a foot out the door.

But all of that is besides the point. Whether Conor would beat Tony or not is your opinion and has nothing to do with this thread. Conor ducking Tony is a fact.

It's not actually a fact though is it?

Provide proof that dana offered conor Tony fight and I will agree

It was arguably high risk low reward. You could easily say conor ducked every lightweight bar khabib

What the fuck did Tony offer conor? He was a nobody until recently. Casuals don't know him and he was never the champion

If Tony hadn't pulled out of the title fight with Khabib at 223 and by some miracle won? You bet your ass conor would have fought him and become a 2 time champ at 155

It's not actually a fact though is it?

Provide proof that dana offered conor Tony fight and I will agree

It was arguably high risk low reward. You could easily say conor ducked every lightweight bar khabib

What the fuck did Tony offer conor? He was a nobody until recently. Casuals don't know him and he was never the champion

If Tony hadn't pulled out of the title fight with Khabib at 223 and by some miracle won? You bet your ass conor would have fought him and become a 2 time champ at 155
Proof of what?

Ferguson was interim champ when Conor was latching on to that belt as long as he could. Tony kept calling him out every chance he got.

It's your responsibility as a champ to defend the belt whether your opponent is a draw or not.

Fact of the matter is, Conor wanted none of that smoke. Fight was too risky.

Anyway, this is getting off topic. Has nothing to do with the OP.

Chandler would be a great mtach, he's the sort of guy Tony could really chew through. Also, I'd be good with do Bronx. Poirier would give him the same problems as Justin, so I don't think it's a good rebound fight...that is if they want Tony to stay a top contender. If they want to push him into irrelevancy, poirier is the fight to make.

Poirier and Conor got destroyed by the champ and should be anywhere near the belt. After Khabib adds Justin as another notch in the belt...only Tony will be left to bring the Eagle down. As a Tony fan, I'm happy that the Conor-Dustin circus fight is on the side. I want Ferg to fight for the title.

Jarl

I dont care. I just dont care. I want to see fights, I dont want to read words. This is the ultimate fighting championships, not the ultimate reading championships. I dont care

Back