Rematch is Dead?

Rambo89

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Uncle Dana said that Mcgregor and Khabib were supposed to coach TUF and then have a rematch but after Conor's temper tantrum and releasing their texts that Khabib pulled the plug.

My question is.. what the hell is Dana talking about?!?! Khabib is fighting Gaethje October 24 and that fight has been scheduled for awhile so is Dana just assuming this would all happen IF/When Khabib wins vs Gaethje? Otherwise literally everything he's saying sounds like complete rubbish.

dnB4qqk.jpg

I'll never ever believe anything Dana says.
Sad that he can constantly throw fighters under the bus and they can't call him out on his bullshit without repercussions.

He's constantly saying fighters are turning down fights which I'm sure isn't always the case yet fighters can't go back at Dana and call him out on his bullshit.

Uncle Dana said that Mcgregor and Khabib were supposed to coach TUF and then have a rematch but after Conor's temper tantrum and releasing their texts that Khabib pulled the plug.

My question is.. what the hell is Dana talking about?!?! Khabib is fighting Gaethje October 24 and that fight has been scheduled for awhile so is Dana just assuming this would all happen IF/When Khabib wins vs Gaethje? Otherwise literally everything he's saying sounds like complete rubbish.

I think the same offer went out to Gaethje as well to coach TUF vs Conor. I think it was vs the winner. Take a look into that.

I guess Dana is saying the plan was for the TUF/rematch to happen regardless if Khabib wins or losses against Gaethje.

I'm not surprised that Khabib said no

The MMA world doesn't need the rematch. The right guy won and that's how the story ends.

I think the story is far from over. The UFC is the one who needs the rematch, they know it's the most lucrative rematch in the promotions history and I doubt they will want to let that go. They've attempted a few times to do it and they're gonna keep looking at other options make the fight. I figure it's gonna happen at some point next year.

Sad that he can constantly throw fighters under the bus and they can't call him out on his bullshit without repercussions.

He's constantly saying fighters are turning down fights which I'm sure isn't always the case yet fighters can't go back at Dana and call him out on his bullshit.

22F778A4-9142-435F-96D3-20CFDF282CE4.jpeg

I think the story is far from over. The UFC is the one who needs the rematch, they know it's the most lucrative rematch in the promotions history and I doubt they will want to let that go. They've attempted a few times to do it and they're gonna keep looking at other options make the fight. I figure it's gonna happen at some point next year.
I doubt Khabib would accept a rematch unless Conor got some legit wins and it made sense. Khabib has money now (not that his lifestyle revolves around it), has his own moral code, and he doesn't need to be strong-armed by the UFC if they tried. He could leave after the Gaethje fight and nobody would criticize him.

sounds like the presidency

Typical media games to turn fans against a fighter. And it’s not like Khabib hasn’t been saying since literally the first fight ended there would never be a rematch.

Dana is lying. Why would Khabib care about his relationship with conrat.

Khabib would never participate in TUF. Doesn't matter who is the opposite guy.
Too much hassle and it would distract from his training.

Ali said Khabib turned it down because he didn't want to associate with s**t like conrat because that would me you s**t lol

And it’s not like Khabib hasn’t been saying since literally the first fight ended there would never be a rematch.

I predict there WILL be a rematch... After Justin beats Khabib and then Conor beats Justin. Will be booked by Summer 2021. In Dublin.

I don't think Khabib ever really had any intention of rematching Conor. What would the point be anyways? Only way Conor wins is by landing a lucky shot.

I leaned a long time ago when Dana says of a fighter, “He/she doesn’t want to fight,” what he really means is, “He/She wouldn’t accept the garbage terms/pay for the fight I offered him/her.”

If anything Dana saying it isn’t happening means it’s likely gonna happen

Back