You've gotta feel for Tony

sampuncher

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Dana's came out and said hes offered Conor and Dustin a fight.

Dustin tweeted earlier saying he accepts, I think the chances of this being Conors next fight IF he returns are pretty high in terms of opponent.

You've got to feel for Tony if that does materialise. He dropped out of 254 out of respect for Dustin, he declined other fights. Him and Dustin would have been a war and if Tony won it would have still kept him up in the title picture.

If Dustin/Conor happens where does he go now?

Id like to see him face Oliveira, I love that match up but hes probably not enough to get him another chance at a Khabib fight.

Who do you think he fights next now?

Dana's bluffing. He knows Conor doesn't want to fight Poirier officially people.

Conor has an agent. They don't conduct business on Twitter

Last edited:
Tony was at the pinnacle of his career and he decided it was a cool idea to use those fucking moronic sunglasses indoors and ended up in a hospital. He even returned from a brutal injury with two good victories (against washed up Pettis and Cerrone, but good wins) but seems that time started to catch up and was dismantled by Gaethje.
Most probably the train left the station for Tony, as he is already like 37yo.

Tony needs at least 12 more wins before they'll consider giving him another shot.

He's never getting a shot. They didn't want him to get one in the first place.

I don't buy Tony or Dustin saying they declined fights for each other. I think both, especially Dustin, had other reasons for declining. If they did for some weird honor reason, unjustified imo, then thats on them.

That said I'm not going to believe McGregor is actually fighting until it's signed and official.

Well... Part of notgetting a shot were bad decicions by him and his team. Not taking the Holloway fight (and thus getting the interim title and a guaranteed shot, as Poirier who replaced him did) and instead fighting Cerrone was just a stupid decision.

I dont gotta,
but I still do think it sucks for tony.
at the same time I am happy for JG.

Back