Rodolfo Vieira = New Jacare?

bleeder

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
They both are extremely accomplished BJJ guys and huge for Middleweight. Jacare during his prime snatched the Strikeforce belt, but his problems with lankier fighters like Rockhold showed. If Vieira continues on this current trajectory, do you think he'll reach the same heights? If anyone has the ground game to take the belt from Adesanya, it's Vieira.

He is the new Natty GOAT imo

RodolfoViera-1-e1583615086528.jpg

Rodolfo is fighting at LHW if I am not mistaken... if he gets a hold of izzy, izzy is done.

Rodolfo is fighting at LHW if I am not mistaken... if he gets a hold of izzy, izzy is done.
I had to check.. he fought at MW both times in the UFC.

I would like to see him active. He looks promising. Rush him into the top 15 IMO. MW needs fresh blood.

100% açaí berries bless

Rodolfo, Galvao, Paul Harris and even Lovato Jr, (now) were known for being the typical BJJ juicers.

Even little Miyao got popped years back.... if Miyao’s taking, everyone is taking....

As soon as Izzy disposes of the hype machine who was supposed to take beat him, everyone has to find the next hype machine who will supposedly be the one. Looks like people have settled on Rodolfo Vieira.

The guy's been doing MMA for like 3 years. Sure he's a decorated BJJ guy, but there is a long endless list of decorated BJJ guys who haven't become UFC champ level MMA fighters. Even if he does get that far, he's maybe 2 years away from a title shot, and who the hell knows what the MW division will look like at that point. Let's pump the breaks on Rodolfo beating Izzy.

Rodolfo is much better than Jacaré.
Maybe? Jacare competed way before Rodolfo.
As soon as Izzy disposes of the hype machine who was supposed to take beat him, everyone has to find the next hype machine who will supposedly be the one. Looks like people have settled on Rodolfo Vieira.

The guy's been doing MMA for like 3 years. Sure he's a decorated BJJ guy, but there is a long endless list of decorated BJJ guys who haven't become UFC champ level MMA fighters. Even if he does get that far, he's maybe 2 years away from a title shot, and who the hell knows what the MW division will look like at that point. Let's pump the breaks on Rodolfo beating Izzy.
I'm just saying, if anyone is going to beat Israel it's going be a guy with a great ground game right? Vieira checks that box, and no one else in Middleweight has anywhere near the skills he has, at least on paper.

Maybe? Jacare competed way before Rodolfo.

I'm just saying, if anyone is going to beat Israel it's going be a guy with a great ground game right? Vieira checks that box, and no one else in Middleweight has anywhere near the skills he has, at least on paper.
It's just extremely difficult to make it all the way through the ranks to the top these days without being more well-rounded. You have to be able to strike as well. There's guys ahead of Rodolfo in the pecking order who are high-level grapplers that can also strike respectably as well (Hermansson, Vettori, Brendan Allen). Maybe Rodolfo will develop the striking game to get there, but it's just too early to know with him.

Rodolfo has they kind of bjj that will serve him well in MMA. He actually has the kind of physicality he needs to bully people. In bjj he would destroy people, take them down, pass and submit. He has the technical abilities and physical attributes to adapt to mma extremely well.

That being said I know he's green but he looks a bit stiff in the striking. I think he'll have a lot of success as long as he has grappling oriented game plans. Future top ten guy for sure and I'm very excited to see his future.

Rodolfo has they kind of bjj that will serve him well in MMA. He actually has the kind of physicality he needs to bully people. In bjj he would destroy people, take them down, pass and submit. He has the technical abilities and physical attributes to adapt to mma extremely well.

That being said I know he's green but he looks a bit stiff in the striking. I think he'll have a lot of success as long as he has grappling oriented game plans. Future top ten guy for sure and I'm very excited to see his future.
Tell me more

They both are extremely accomplished BJJ guys and huge for Middleweight. Jacare during his prime snatched the Strikeforce belt, but his problems with lankier fighters like Rockhold showed. If Vieira continues on this current trajectory, do you think he'll reach the same heights? If anyone has the ground game to take the belt from Adesanya, it's Vieira.

{<jordan}

Back