Izzy, Jan, or Stipe? Who's the tougher fight for Jon Jones?

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Rank these fighters based on difficulty for Jon Jones? Who's the easiest/toughest?

JBJ the GOAT takes them all out in one night, one by one or at the same time,

The only one who would give Jones trouble on that list is Stipe because of his size/striking/chin and how skilled and crafty he is in general.

Izzy has no grappling/wrestling and he wouldn't even have the reach advantage to establish his usual gameplan. A grappling/wrestling clinic is unavoidable. That fight ends with some brutal ground n' pound or Izzy taking a nap after getting choked.

Jan is fun to watch, has a lot of power, but he's not on Jones' level.

People tend to forget how good and well rounded Pico is.

Last edited:
Lol@Adesanya in the list. Let's talk about important people only, people who really want to fight Jones.

Taking this into consideration - ignoring irrelevants -, Jan doesn't stand a chance and Stipe is the toughest one. But, in my opinion, with a good HW body, well bulked and trained, Jones wins by decision.

1. Izzy
2. Stipe
3. Jan (though admittedly I have thought Jan was going to lose his last several bouts only to be proved wrong)

Izzy is hardest because Jones always has a movement advantage. He could have lost to Reyes because Reyes moves as well as anyone, Reyes is athletic...Ironically, Reyes just got beat because he didnt attack offensively, he thought he would counter punch but look what happened. Izzy moves very well. I think he beats Izzy because he will take a few punches in order to clinch up and get him to the ground and demolish him. But he no longer tries to attack. In his last 9 fights, he has 2 finishes. And one ended up not counting. With the 2 big guys, he stays at distance like he always does and uses distance strikes to get unanimous decisions. Or he does what Izzy just did to muscle man. He leg kicks the hell out of them until he gets the take down and GNP.

1. Stipe - Has the size, wrestling, and cardio to match Jones
2. Jan - Wildcard because of his power
3. Israel - Wouldn't have the reach advantage to outpoint Jones, or the grappling to stay off the mat

1-Stipe - seems like a close fight
2-Izzy - also seems like a close fight
3-Jan (I also think Izzy takes him out).

Jones destroys Izzy and Jan. He'd need to be sharp with Stipe but I think he wins still.

Back