Media Khamzat Chimaev was a GOAT wrestler before he became UFC's GOATaev

Khamzat Chimaev was overflooded with medals as youth competing in wrestling

I will say it now nobody is beating this man period

tenor.gif

Winning the Swedish national championship, while especially impressive in throwing shutouts in every match, doesn't make him anything close to a GOAT wrestler, since he has no Olympic or World Championship medals in that sport.

I was an age-group swimmer, and probably have 5X to 10X the number of medals and ribbons he has in that video. And I was not even considered an elite high school swimmer, once I got to that level.

He's looked damn impressive, thus far, but let's steer clear of Rogan-esque hyperbolic history re-writing.

Someone said that he won bronze in a junior national competition in Russia

Winning the Swedish national championship, while especially impressive in throwing shutouts in every match, doesn't make him anything close to a GOAT wrestler, since he has no Olympic or World Championship medals in that sport.

He's looked damn impressive, thus far, but let's steer clear of Rogan-esque hyperbolic history re-writing.
Guess who else doesn't have Olympic medals.
877857_v9_aa.jpg

Still enough to throw the whole UFC roster around the cage.

TS says Goat wrestling but shows a knockout.

That track was like the Russian version of I'll beat yo ass....pretty bad

And he'll be overflooded with belts soon. He is The Chosen One and is about to do to the WW and MW divisions the same thing Anakin Skywalker did to the Jedi Order in ROTS.

You better jump on the bandwagon now or you will repent for your sins later

the way he's dominated his first 3 ufc fights, is surreal. it was like a trained fighter, beating up regular dudes off the street...that's what it looked like...just a savage mauling. he needs to be fighting top 10 guys right now. maybe even top 5...but lets start with a top 10.

I was an age-group swimmer, and probably have 5X to 10X the number of medals and ribbons he has in that video. And I was not even considered an elite high school swimmer, once I got to that level.

Winning Swedish Nationals doesn’t mean much tho... How many people you think wrestles in Sweden? Lol

But I heard he is a once in a lifetime something something something? Are you saying 3 wins in the UFC and 9-0 overall doesn't automatically make you a 2 division and realistically 3 division champion in the UFC? I am confused.

he also won that gold medal in the swedish nationals in the 202lb weight class....so he was wrestling dudes far heavier than in the ufc. yet still dominated them.

But I heard he is a once in a lifetime something something something? Are you saying 3 wins in the UFC and 9-0 overall doesn't automatically make you a 2 division and realistically 3 division champion in the UFC? I am confused.

it's not that he has 3 wins. it's how he got those 3 wins...by absolute demolision. you don't see that happen very often.

And he'll be overflooded with belts soon. He is The Chosen One and is about to do to the WW and MW divisions the same thing Anakin Skywalker did to the Jedi Order in ROTS.

You better jump on the bandwagon now or you will repent for your sins later

His an uncommon man amongst uncommon men aka his the prodigy

it's not that he has 3 wins. it's how he got those 3 wins...by absolute demolision. you don't see that happen very often.

He was a league above his competition. Can't wait to see his next fight

Guess who else doesn't have Olympic medals.
877857_v9_aa.jpg

Still enough to throw the whole UFC roster around the cage.

Super duper, but how is that relevant to anything? Look at the title of this message thread.

he also won that gold medal in the swedish nationals in the 202lb weight class....so he was wrestling dudes far heavier than in the ufc. yet still dominated them.
Thank you for pointing out the very first thing I mentioned, myself. Very helpful.

Winning Swedish Nationals doesn’t mean much tho... How many people you think wrestles in Sweden? Lol
Winning a national championship and not giving up any points in doing so is meaningful and Sweden will generally pick up the occasional medal in the Olympics, so I wouldn't go that far in the opposite direction and say "doesn't mean much," but, yes, if you're claiming GOAT-esque wrestling creds, that really doesn't establish it.

Back