When all is said and done, who will go down as the greater fighter?

ColbyCovChamp

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
6Y1ktkpTURBXy80MzEwNDViMDdhZjlmOWMwYTllNjJjZjA1ODBlNTQ3MS5qcGeSlQMAJc0Er80CopMFzQSwzQJ2

They will both go down as the 2nd best ever in their divisions.

Wish we could see them fight, would be one of the most intriguing matchups in the UFC today. However it seems as if there's no chance of it ever happening.

I don't know.
But;
GSP >>>>>>> Usman
Silva >>>>>>> Adesanya

Usman I believe is tied with GSP for most wins at WW. If he can keep it up, I believe he’ll surpass GSP in a couple of years.

Adesenya has a ways to before reaching Silva’s level. He only has a handful of title defenses and has been lucky to avoid the strong wrestlers that Anderson faced.

Israel is at much higher risk of getting dethroned because his takedown defense and bjj has never been tested and he doesn’t really have any wresslin/bjj background. It’s a matter of time until a young guy like Weidman, Sonnen, Rockhold, Lindland, Hendo, Jacare ( all in their prime, of course) comes around. Usman is a beast, I don’t see anyone beating him but father time.

Usman imo

Usman is actually big enough to go up.
And fighting style also better at an higher weight class imo.

Usman

Izzy will make 3x the money though

Hypothetically speaking if they both continue to defend for the next few years, the fighter who will be remembered as being considered greater will be
The fighter who owns the better Highlight Reel

The only variable being if one goes up to win a title in another division.

Israel can be caught, Usman seems much more dominant and well rounded

Usman I believe is tied with GSP for most wins at WW. If he can keep it up, I believe he’ll surpass GSP in a couple of years.

Adesenya has a ways to before reaching Silva’s level. He only has a handful of title defenses and has been lucky to avoid the strong wrestlers that Anderson faced.
.....adesanya is just as close to surpassing Silva as Usman is to GSP.

Usman has the same amount of title defenses as Adesanya....less if you count izzy's win over Gastelum.

Lol wut

You can't be anymore dominant with Israel was against Whittaker and Costa.

how about his wins against romero and vettori? both are debatable.

usman has won all his fights without question (of course exception being the second fight he lost). don't care that people cause usman boring, dude is legit and is far more dominant as a ufc fighter than idesayna across all his wins.

Begrudgingly, maybe Usman. Both of these guys have significant physical and experience advantages over their divisions. Usman's shitty style and oversize really puts him at very little risk of loss in the immediate future. I'd still like to have seen him vs Askren, even if it would have been a wash. Izzy, it will take for a strong grappler who's confident enough to move forward, has great cardio, and has preferable physical stats to him. He's just so goddamn long that most of the burden lay on his opponents. Everyone just looks ridiculously tiny compared to him, it's seriously awkward to watch his fights.

By far Izzy, no one even hardly cares about Usman. The dude maybe a great fighter but has zero charisma. So even if in the end their accomplishments are similar Izzy will always get the nod.

Back