Brunson is actually one of the toughest matchups for Chimaev

ColbyCovChamp

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I don't know how good Chimaev's striking is other than the fact that he has power

But I highly doubt he would have any success grappling with Bumson at all

Bumson has never been taken down and has outwrestled guys like Romero fairly easily

It would basically be a striking match which Chimaev could win, but I wouldn't favour him to do so

Chimaev would win on the feet, Brunson has a much worse chin

Where's the banana skin guy?

There's a much higher chance of chimaev knocking Brunson out than taking him down. I don't think anyone from 185 to 205 could take Brunson down and hold them there.

Brunson is like on the fence of being UFC calibur gatekeeper ( maybe a smidge above- which is good) which is a perfect next fight for this guy.

I co sign. ..and I hope brunny does what he did to the last hype + + . ....and I have nothing against this guy except for fans anointing him a double champ .It makes u root against him in like a human nature kind of way when people talk like this.

Chimaev grappled with undefeated sambo world champ ikram aliskerov from dagestan, who is better than khabib

And you expect former cheerleader Brunson to hold a candle grappling him ? Is this guy nuts ?

Chimaev grappled with undefeated sambo world champ ikram aliskerov from dagestan, who is better than khabib

And you expect former cheerleader Brunson to hold a candle grappling him ? Is this guy nuts ?

He couldn't even take that can down lol

Chimaev's wrestling was exposed badly against that journeyman Sambo bum

Sambo world champ = BJJ purple belt

I don't think Brunson will ever be the champ, but he's a legit top 10 fighter. He'd be a very big step up for Chimaev.

Back