Why not Khamzat v Nate Diaz?

Yagadot

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Is that not the perfect fight from a marketing point of view for Khamzat and the UFC? It’s the biggest fight they can make for Khamzat outside the top 10.

Nate would want a lot of money to help launch khazmat

If they are to give him a ranked apanyent next, this does make perfect sense. Nate is on his way out anyways.

Nate would want a lot of money to help launch khazmat

Maybe. I think he would be confident of winning this though. That might entice him rather than fighting the higher ups in the division.

In my head this fight makes the most sense as a spectacle.

That's not a money fight for Nate.
Even Masvidal wouldn't fight him.

Would look like a mix between 3rd round of Rory fight and Hausschlachtung.

I'd be fine with that

That said on paper Khamzat is a nightmare match up for Nate

The journeyman fake bad boy Nate Diaz is a diva now. He only takes money fights with people he has a chance with.

Nick was cool, he was actually good and fought the best guys of his time. Nate has been a UFC journeyman at best.

SaltyBetterCattle-small.gif
Don't think that moves once in a blue moon Nate off the couch.

Because Khamzat is interested in a title run and Nate is interested in getting paid. Fight wouldn't accomplish anything for either fighter.

Khamzat needs a top 15 guy first. I thought that was the whole UFC plan.

Nate is not getting paid at all then. Dana said he wants Colby v Masvidal next and isn’t bothered about the Nate v Masvidal rematch. So Nate doesn’t have a money fight at all.

That's not a money fight for Nate.
Even Masvidal wouldn't fight him.

Oh its money fight alright.

Its about time fans stop excusing for Nate’s “searching for the money fight” and realize the actual reason why he never fights guys like Khamzat.

He is using the money fight excuse to decline hungry lions for almost 5 years now. Its getting played out.

Khamzat could literally be the most popular human being in the world and Nate still wouldn’t want anything to do with him.

Last edited:
Either Nate outboxes him then subs him or it’s a 3 round mauling. Depends how good Khamzats sub defense is, either way, I think there are better fights for both men.

Khamzat surely has to get through the initial 15 fighters he's already called out, and the 9 fights he's already got booked.

Is that not the perfect fight from a marketing point of view for Khamzat and the UFC? It’s the biggest fight they can make for Khamzat outside the top 10.
Nate won't take that fight. Nate would get smoked.

Back