KHAMZAT not getting the respect he deserves!

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
I checked WW and MW rankings and the biased MMA media still haven't given KHAMZAT a top #15 ranking?!

Everyone knows he's top 10 (or top 5) otherwise UFC wouldn't be matchmaking him with #6 Maia or #5 Thompson.

Why not give him a rank then?

Normally we'd never see #5 or #6 contender face an unranked fighter yet its normal because we all know KHAMZAT is top 5 regardless of Fake News MMA Media.

Discuss.

I thought Thompson was only interested in Leon.

Khamzat is impressive but I hate when people jump up in the rankings solely based on hype. You should have to beat a ranked opponent to get ranked.

Do you think it's a ridiculous mismatch for KHAMZAT to be placed against Maia or Thompson?

Khamzat is destined to have so many haters. Its like the rise of Jon Jones. Khamzat is going to beat of all of our favorites and he is going to keep making it look easy.

Islam ranked #12 its more than known he deserves higher.

KHAMZAT however I was expecting to see him with a top #15 ranking when I checked today.
Can you type Khamzat without capitalizing every letter? Just curious.

Also, he can move up the rankings if he beats wonderboy/Maia? It doesn't seem like that big a deal to make him wait til he beats a solid opponent.

Based on his skill we have seen against unranked guys? It appears it’s not. But that’s not what divisional rankings are about. They are about accomplishment.

If its fair for him to be unranked then its a gross mismatch to give him a top #5 or top #6 opponent.

The fact that its not a mismatch is evident in the acceptance among fans that he deserves such an opponent.

But that also shows he deserves a rank

Can't have it both ways.

Islam ranked #12 its more than known he deserves higher.

KHAMZAT however I was expecting to see him with a top #15 ranking when I checked today.

How the hell do you get a top 15 ranking when the highest guy you’ve beaten was ranked number 26? I told you before...Quit giving the prairies a bad name.

How the hell do you get a top 15 ranking when the highest guy you’ve beaten was ranked number 26? I told you before...Quit giving the prairies a bad name.

Okay then answer if its a mismatch for him to be fighting Maia?

Either:

A) KHAMZAT is grosly under-ranked
B) miaia is grosly over-ranked
C) miaia vs KHAMZAT is a gross mismatch
D) both A and B are true

There's no other possible choice.

Back