My expert eyes tell me the real reason why Costa lost the way he did...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I like this guy very much and also I like Izzy who proved he is hard to beat! Now let’s look at the real reasons why Costa lost and it’s almost impossible for him to win unless he changes his mentality! He is obviously the type of a guy who tries to entertain the crowd even if it gets him in trouble by that I mean he trashed talk so much and even made a video mocking Izzy, then and after all that charade It was reality time. So he was embarrassed of showing that he was getting hurt and got all that damage instead of just literally move out of the way or backwards when Izzy was attacking. Bottom line, his pride cost him not to react as a smart fighter and instead he thought he can weather the storm and eventually catch Izzy, which obviously was too much for his body to take even if his mind didn’t quit on him, his body did because of his pride!!!!

Do u agree?

Last edited:
I just think it's different once you're in there and the reality sets in that this is live and you have no clue what to do here, what you prepared for in theory is much more difficult to handle in real life.

That said, I'm not turning on Costa or anything. Eddie got schooled by Conor and shortly after had one of the best fights ever vs Gaethje. Francis got humiliated by Stipe, but rebooted shortly after. Costa is still a fun fighter and a spectacle. Just maybe not champ material, currently. But still a must see.

I just think it's different once you're in there and the reality sets in that this is live and you have no clue what to do here, what you prepared for in theory is much more difficult to handle in real life.

That said, I'm not turning on Costa or anything. Eddie got schooled by Conor and shortly after had one of the best fights ever vs Gaethje. Costa is still a fun fighter and a spectacle. Just maybe not champ material, currently.
His pride and like you said all that pressure made him not react like a natural fighter more like I will show everyone what I said I will do instead of playing it smart

Costa keeps saying “something happened before the fight, no excuses” I wonder what he’s talking about. I’m sure in a few weeks it will come out because he doesn’t want to look like he’s making an excuse.

His pride and like you said all that pressure made him not react like a natural fighter more like I will show everyone what I said I will do instead of playing it smart
Maybe some humble pie was just what the doctor ordered.

So he was embarrassed of showing that he was getting hurt and got all that damage instead of just literally move out of the way of backwards when Izzy was attacking.
What are you talking about, Costa was flinching backward every time Izzy did anything

No, he tried to save his gas for the later rounds, doesn't have the footwork to go in and out of range with Izzy, so his leg was picked apart, he got impatient knowing he had to do damage or he'd crumble in the 3rd, got countered and knocked out.

Costa keeps saying “something happened before the fight, no excuses” I wonder what he’s talking about. I’m sure in a few weeks it will come out because he doesn’t want to look like he’s making an excuse.
His pride, unlike Izzy who moved out of the way and then countered, Costa stayed and paid literally

What are you talking about, Costa was flinching backward every time Izzy did anything
What? He was telling Izzy to come to the middle and hit him more, did u see the fight?

lol

I'm pretty sure Costa had big problems because he fought a way more powerful version of the last transgender, TRT vitor was also some indomitable beast...

Izzy would blink his eye and Costa would move 10 steps back

This video doesn’t show all the details of the fight! Costa kept gesturing for Izzy to come to the middle and basically gave him his leg on a platter

I'm pretty sure Costa had big problems because he fought a way more powerful version of the last transgender, TRT vitor was also some indomitable beast...
I agree 100% but u will get banned for expressing your true feelings

Maybe some humble pie was just what the doctor ordered.
The reason I know is from my own personal experience. I was extremely good at arm wrestling and once I was challenged by a very frail looking guy at work! So we went at it and he almost beat me and I had to put all my might to win that my face turned so red because I was laughing at him for even trying. Everyone there laughed at me and called me tomato face! I learned a great lesson not to underestimate anyone from that point on!

Many here know exactly what i'm talking about but they are ok with that because they are little adesanya fangirls..
It was obvious the aggression and the physical appearance and the...

The reason I know is from my own personal experience. I was extremely good at arm wrestling and once I was challenged by a very frail looking guy at work! So we went at it and he almost beat me and I had to put all my might to win that my face turned so red because I was laughing at him for even trying. Everyone there laughed at me and called me tomato face! I learned a great lesson not to underestimate anyone from that point on!
Stunning and brave, to live through that.

Even though he’s been training for a while he’s still green, I believe this was Israel’s 100th win in a combat sport, Paulo doesn’t even have 20 pro MMA fights... Paulo needs more experience, give him 2 years and I think he could do it.

Back