*If Paulo Costa gets the rematch and is totally outclassed/embarrassed by Izzy, is he done?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
Cause he's too small for LHW, and would be an embarrased zombie at MW.

why do ppl keep saying he is too small for LHW... he's an inch shorter than our new champ and walks around 240

If Paulo gets the rematch I'M done, that's what.

I have one:

If Cejudo moves up to hw, weighing 230lbs of pure muscle, no fat, who is his toughest match up?

These are silly games, no?

Cody got violently KTFO 3 times in a row and he's already fighting for a title.
All Costa needs is one impressive win. If he beat a guy like Till that would put him right back in the mix.
UFC has made it pretty obvious they don't give a fuck about win streaks.

Why would he be too small for LHW? He's a massive MW with a big weight cut.

That said given how skinny Izzy is and how thicc and muscular Costa is I thought Costa would dwarf Izzy in the cage but he really didn't

São Paulo Costa Will never get another Title Shot at MW as long as Israel is Champion.

hes not getting a rematch, even if he goes on a big winning streak.
why would izzy waste a fight on someone he had a perfect performance on.
that would do nothing for his legacy.
it could only hurt his legacy if he took a fight against him.
having another perfect performance against costa will only confirm what we already knew...

only if israel loses the belt is when he'll entertain a rematch.

Last edited:
hes not getting a rematch, even if he goes on a big winning streak.
why would izzy waste a fight on someone he had a perfect performance on.
he would want someone fresh.
If Costa starches a top 5 opponent and Izzy gets a boring/close decision, a rematch could be a money opportunity for them given all the story behind it. The rivalry is still on.

There seemed to be a lot of interest from the casuals for this fight and they could underestimate Izzy again if he doesn't do so well next time.

If Costa starches a top 5 opponent and Izzy gets a boring/close decision, a rematch could be a money opportunity for them given all the story behind it. The rivalry is still on.

There seemed to be a lot of interest from the casuals for this fight and they could underestimate Izzy again if he doesn't do so well next time.

put yourself in izzys shoes...
what do you have to gain from fighting costa again?
keep in mind that he already has a perfect performance against him.

Why would he be too small for LHW? He's a massive MW with a big weight cut.

That said given how skinny Izzy is and how thicc and muscular Costa is I thought Costa would dwarf Izzy in the cage but he really didn't

yeah I don’t know if Izzy is amping up the strength and conditioning or if I just thought Of him as more lanky than he actually is but he looked pretty physically imposing in that fight. Costa is a monster and a physically large middleweight but Izzy did not look like he was at some crazy size disadvantage in my opinion.

Costa will not get an immediate rematch (rightly) but he needs nothing more than maximum two good wins. Still, against this juiced adesanya he will always have bad times, and now that this forum is again a meeting point of adesanya's cocksuckers is time to leave...

No way he gets a rematch without at the very least one good win, and it would be pointless, he cant come up with new stuff and turn the fight around in a short amount of time.
why do ppl keep saying he is too small for LHW... he's an inch shorter than our new champ and walks around 240
Heaviest on record for him was 217lbs vs Romero, if anything he would be on the lower end at LHW, he makes MW for a reason.

Because he has a short reach and he's principally a striker. Even Cormier has a longer reach than Costa, but he has a totally different style that allows him to overcome that reach advantage.

Costa can put on all the muscle mass he wants, he is still going to have a 72-inch reach. For context, that is pretty much an average reach for lightweight/welterweight.

Costa will have to kill 2 top 5 guys for me to be interested again.

They can't possibly sell a rematch with him after he got his shit pushed in on PPV.

Back