Rumble Johnson future Champ at LHW?

watts1976

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
With having Jan becoming the newly crowned champ. Can Jan take a shot from Rumble? Will Jan be able to handle Rumbles wrestling? Is this a easy opponent for Rumble?
Thoughts?

Nah. One thing for a "I never stopped training daily" guy like GSP to make a long-delayed comeback. Another thing entirely for a "I'm gonna go start a weed farm, no wait I'm gonna be a SHW body builder, no wait I might go back to MMA" guy to make a long-delayed comeback.

If he came back he wouldn't be the same. Statistically speaking that is a safe damn bet to make.

Rumble could bet anyone in the LHW right now. Could Jan take a shot from Rumble and remain conscious.... I doubt it.

Rumble starches anyone in the current LHW landscape. If he wins his toughest fight which is with the scale (as always) than he’s golden.

If love Rumble as a fighter, been a fan since he turned Tommy Spear into a human statue.

The odds are against him. Extended breaks are not good for fighters. Rumble hasn’t fought in years. He was a BEAST in his prime, but he is now in his mid 30s and about 4 years removed from the cage if I am guesstimating correctly.

he gained a ton of muscle weight, which I would assume he has lost, not a good thing for speed (I assume it messes with the slow twitch fast twitch ratio) but boxers going up and gaining lots of weight tend to lose power and speed when they come back down.

we will see. A prime or even close to prime Rumble could KO most of the LHW roster, but are we getting 90% of that, 70% 40% ? What will his gas tank look like?

as good as rumble might be, he just didn´t have that mentality to be a ufc champion.

Prime Rumble should make quick work of most of the top LHWs today but he's probably shot now
I disagree, every single time that AJ has had resistance he has folded...I cannot recall a fight where it got tough and he fought through it and won. He is a heavy handed fighter with great speed but his heart has literally kept him from the title and will always do so.

I disagree, every single time that AJ has had resistance he has folded...I cannot recall a fight where it got tough and he fought through it and won. He is a heavy handed fighter with great speed but his heart has literally kept him from the title and will always do so.

That’s a good observation. He was very gifted, but sometimes those kinds of gifts can become a curse.

Rumble could not have timed his return any better

Yes. all of his opponents are a piece of cake. I think he wins easily.

Yeah if he can KO everyone in round 1. If not, he'll start to fade & crumble.

Yeah I know rumble doesn't have the biggest heart, but if his mind is screwed back on his power didn't go away. He could beat any lhw/hw with the right punch. Don't forget he's a decent wrestler.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back