Why are people writing off Ortega?

rl4090526

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I am a KZ fan but people think Ortega is already done lol

Ortega had a lot of time to reflect and improve and polish his standing

I think he is gonna be an improved fighter and make it close

Only way Ortega can win is by hail mary submission.

One of two reasons:

1. Blind love for Asian fighters, for some reason there's a ton of it.

2. Because KZ is murderous on the feet and Ortega isn't to nearly the same degree, and it'll be hard for Ortega to get the fight to the mat.

2 years away from MMA.. coming back to face a fighter who's arguably better in every facet of the sport.

Not hard to realise why some are writing him off..

Unless Ortega has finally developed a wrestling game in tandem with his BJJ, he's going to absolutely murdered on the feet..

Last edited:
Yeah I don’t see why.

I expect Ortega to finish KZ.

Hes rubbing people the wrong way thats about it and he got worked by Max
and his inactivity

he was thoroughly exposed by holloway he has no boxing defense. KZ is no slouch on the ground either, He's advantaged everywhere but size.

I think I'd put anyone in the top 5 to beat ortega.

That Max fight was one of those that can make or break a fighter.

Im intrigued to see how Ortega does.

Ortega wins this fight if the ref starts him in half guard

he was thoroughly exposed by holloway he has no boxing defense. KZ is no slouch on the ground either, He's advantaged everywhere but size.

I think I'd put anyone in the top 5 to beat ortega.

You sure about that?

20200928_192338.jpg Screenshot_20200928-192416_Chrome.jpg

I like Ortega but I can see where people are coming from. Guy fired his whole team, including the coach that Gave Brian “a choice” lol. Its hard to say what to expect hes with a completely new team. Theres not much sparring footage or anything else to go off of. He may come back a complete beast with better striking or he may have lost the heart for it.

Even if Ortega comes with his best I still favor Zombie hes been looking alot better since he hired that Korean boxing guy

I just have never been overly impressed with Ortega. He's tough. Proved that in the Max fight. But I don't put too much stock into sleeping Frankie. He's tough, but his best days are behind him. Moicano hasn't had the best run and left the division to reinvent himself. Then there's the 2 year layoff that saw him still retain his high ranking.

I don't think his stand-up is so bad that he can't weather some damage and have a successful power surge to finish KZ. Like, I wouldn't bet on it, but it's more likely then what Yair did.

1. He’s never been a dominant fighter, most of his big wins came in fights he was losing.

2. He has insane ring rust at this point.

3. He took a massive beating in his last fight, who knows if he can rebound.

Jung is 16-5. He's an inconsistent mid level fighter. Very overrated.
One of those losses is a huge robbery that he avenged and another is a fluke KO at the literal last second of a fight he was winning against a top contender. Not to mention he missed out on his physical prime. Stylistically terrible matchup for Ortega as well.

I am a KZ fan but people think Ortega is already done lol

Ortega had a lot of time to reflect and improve and polish his standing

I think he is gonna be an improved fighter and make it close
ortega´s chin for sure has softened after a beating of a lifetime. KZ´s striking has improved a lot recently, he turned from a volume based brawler to a power punching technician.

One of those losses is a huge robbery that he avenged and another is a fluke KO at the literal last second of a fight he was winning against a top contender. Not to mention he missed out on his physical prime. Stylistically terrible matchup for Ortega as well.
He had some unlucky losses and none are really like legit where he was dominated

I don't know why either, I expect Zombie to get finished.

Back