LHW Division Evolution

FIMN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So I think we can all agree that Jones and DC at 205 would be the prohibitive favourites against anyone at 205 past or present.

What would the odds look like for Jan and Dominic against (prime):

Chuck
Randy
Lyoto

Has the LHW division moved on in terms of physicality and skill?

How do the weekends title challengers fare against some of the 205 GOATs?

Reyes is a myth, Volkan beat him

Jan is decent

Hypothetically i think Jan and Reyes get beat by all of them. However if they fought currently in their prime, who knows what Chuck and Randy look post usada

LHW of today, just like fighters in other divisions, are bigger than the previous generation was.
As far as skill goes, I don't see much improvement.

So I think we can all agree that Jones and DC at 205 would be the prohibitive favourites against anyone at 205 past or present.

What would the odds look like for Jan and Dominic against (prime):

Chuck
Randy
Lyoto

Has the LHW division moved on in terms of physicality and skill?

How do the weekends title challengers fare against some of the 205 GOATs?

I would say that Liddell (in his best condition) is difficult to eliminate, even for someone like Jones and Cormier.

Liddell (in his best condition) against Machida, Jones, Cormier, Jan Błachowicz, Dominick Reyes, Santos, Anthony Smith, and the rest of the Light Heavyweight Division might result in more victories for Liddell than the vast majority of users on Sherdog will admit.

The fact is, Couture is the legendary icon of MMA. However, I always considered him to be very "on and off." In the wars that he was on, Couture was a monster (especially in the Light Heavyweight Division). In the wars that he was off, a bunch of MMA fighters were able to stop him.

Couture is a savage in the Light Heavyweight Division. Since this entire thread is extremely hypothetical, Dr. Emmett Brown will use his TIME MACHINE in order to find Couture when he was in his best condition. Dr. Brown will tell Couture that he ABSOLUTELY HAS TO move to the Light Heavyweight Division. The only result will be FIREWORKS in the Light Heavyweight Division.

Jones is 1-0 against Machida. I would say that they were both in their best condition.

Machida (in his best condition) against Cormier, Jan Błachowicz, Dominick Reyes, Santos, Anthony Smith, Teixeira, and the rest of the Light Heavyweight Division would be very interesting wars.

To this day, there are fans of Pride FC that insist that Maurício Rua was in his best condition when he was in Pride FC and ONLY when he was in Pride FC.

Maurício Rua (in his best condition) against Cormier, Jan Błachowicz, Dominick Reyes, Santos, Couture, Teixeira, and the rest of the Light Heavyweight Division would be something that I want to see. That is to say, if I had a time machine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back