All this talk of Jared vs Isreal, do you think Whittaker will beat Jared?

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
A lot of people on the Jared train, seems like people are forgetting Robert..

thoughts?

Robert is the better fighter but has shown to be chinny at times. Jared has been shown to ko people with amazing chins. So..tough to call.

I have no idea how to rate Cannonier besides that he's obviously a good fighter.
I don't really know much about his style, unfortunately.

I only know that Whittaker is one hell of a fighter and that he's Jared's biggest test yet.

I would rather see Izzy fighting Hermansson than Whittaker or Cannonier.

Cannonier has bombs in his hands, but should be underdog in the whitaker fight. Too much experience, overall fight iq, and skill to overcome.

Jared wins. Easily.
It will be a kickboxing match and Jared is better on the feet.

Whittaker will win

I can’t seem them rushing to do a Whittaker vs Izzy rematch so izzy will end up facing winner of hermansson vs till

Yes, Whittaker wins this fight. Just compare their resumes to see the quality of opponents they have fought.

Jared picks the brawler apart, bloodies him up and gets a TKO in the later rounds.

I have no idea how to rate Cannonier besides that he's obviously a good fighter.
I don't really know much about his style, unfortunately.

I only know that Whittaker is one hell of a fighter and that he's Jared's biggest test yet.
He’s a striker with insane scramble ability. Whenever Joker took him down he just stood back up like it’s nothing.

Jared has some insane Power can't sleep on it but I am still with my austronesian brother Whittaker on this one.

I wasn't upset when costa got destroyed but the Whittaker loss still stings to this day. But Whittaker is young I think a lot of people forget that he is younger than israel, he still has potential imo.

Let us analyze both of their records to see where they lie.
This will most likely be a striking battle
Jared has been beaten multiple times, but it appears his weakness has always been masterful strikers. Case and point, his last losses came from Jan and Reyes, two very polished strikers in the light heavyweight division. At middleweight, Jared has fought primarily grapplers, and his one win against a decent striker came against 42 year old Anderson Silva.

Robert Whittaker on the other hand has recent broken through the mold of his greatest weakness with the win over Till. While not the cleanest win, Whittaker proved he was capable of fighting head to head with a counter striker, his greatest weakness as a fighter. Robert Whittaker has a more reliable record when it comes to fighting explosive strikers with wins over Romero, Hall and Till.

Based on this alone I think Whittaker will bring the more diverse striking arsenal into the bout. Which means the battle will really be decided over who has better defense. Whittaker has shown to lack defense at times, especially against Yoel and Adesanya, both masterful counter strikers. Jared's defense has relied heavily upon him using his strength to block attacks. and wading through the storm much like Yoel 2.0.

If Jared is a good enough counter striker he will win, though there is very little evidence to suggest he is masterful in this regard. A betting man would choose Whittaker, but Jared could definitely get it done.

Back