New Jan Blachowicz fans?

mihailovich

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I've paid attention to Jan since his debut but always thought of him as sort of journeyman fighter with dull personality. I had no favorite heading to this weekend but I found myself rooting for him when the fight started. Great performance and great post fight interviews.

Becoming a UFC champ (and a new dad) at 37... I just feel genuinely happy for the guy.

I've paid attention to Jan since his debut but always thought of him as sort of journeyman fighter with dull personality. I had no favorite heading to this weekend but I found myself rooting for him when the fight started. Great performance and great post fight interviews.

Becoming a UFC champ (and a new dad) at 37... I just feel genuinely happy for the guy.

Same here, he is the polar opposite of a hype job. Nice to have a guy like that at the top for once.

I like him. He won't hold title long but atleast he won it.

Kinda seems like the division without Jon is like it was before he had the belt back in the day, it will change hands often unless he stays at lhw for good. There's the lhw division and then there's Jon Jones, and that's just an impartial way I look at it. He's still a standout 10 years later.

What I liked about Jan is he went into that fight as a man on a mission. He threw heat with every shot without getting wild or reckless. Just focused on the task at hand. It's a good story of a guy who, at 37 and having suffered some career setbacks wins the title. It's like a movie.

Not going to pretend to be the guy's biggest fan, but I've always respected him as a fighter since he was in KSW.

Glad that he turned the corner in his career. It's cool to see guys like Jan and RDA make the jump from solid veteran to championship calibre fighter.

Kinda seems like the division without Jon is like it was before he had the belt back in the day, it will change hands often unless he stays at lhw for good. There's the lhw division and then there's Jon Jones, and that's just an impartial way I look at it. He's still a standout 10 years later.

an impartial way to look at it would differenciate fighters who take steroids from those who don't...

I like him. He won't hold title long but atleast he won it.
This. He is getting up there in age but I'm happy for him to maximize his life while he's got the chance. I am rooting for him to defend once or twice prior to losing the belt to Jiri and then Jan rides off into the sunset rich.

an impartial way to look at it would differenciate fighters who take steroids from those who don't...

OK and I know that but still stand by what I said you can put the steroids in there for good measure if you like

He's not a standout anymore. The pack have caught up for him and are ready to take him out. That's why he's moving up. Jan would KO him and he knows it. Jon is past his prime. We've seen the best Jon Jones already.

IDGAF about fighter personalities, as shouldn't any grown man with self-respect.
But yes he did win me as a fan. It was impressive to see just how easily he chewed through Reyes. Enormous discrepancy in strength and power. It reminded me of Rajiv vs Smith for some reason.

Yes. Was a feel good moment. Seems like a good guy. And did a great job this weekend

He's not a standout anymore. The pack have caught up for him and are ready to take him out. That's why he's moving up. Jan would KO him and he knows it. Jon is past his prime. We've seen the best Jon Jones already.

Well we'll see if he comes back and fights Jan so we can find out.. And if he ran from Reyes then running into a monster like Francis isn't much safer. Truth is he fought and beat 3 generations of lhws and now there aren't any real big fights for him left. I think he's going up to hw for $$$ personally and there are super fights up there he can get.

Was a fan before, and will gladly help others aboard the war wagon, the guy deserves all the love he’s getting right now.

IDGAF about fighter personalities, as shouldn't any grown man with self-respect...

Sure, but personality does help you get more money in fight game, reach main event spots and title fights faster, don't you think? I don't think the UFC brass were super excited to promote Jan vs Bones.. I got a feeling that they were just "feeding" him to Reyes but Jan had other plans..

Back