Khabib, Usman and Israel only champs with potential to reign for a while

Beastos

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Oddly enough, these three champions have 1 thing in common, they each have defended their belt two times already.

Khabib: I don’t see anyone beating him anytime soon, Justin will have nothing for him in my opinion.

Usman: I don’t see any threat for him either, Chimaev is a solid prospect, but he’s yet to beat someone ranked in the top 10.

Israel: man, not going to lie, I wanted Costa to win, but said it myself, if Costa didn’t beat him, that Israel was going to reign for a while.

All the other champs have very beatable champs in my opinion. History repeats itself and the LW, WW and MW have always had dominant champs.

this dominance in the popular weight classes is really good for the UFC

Dana must be licking his chops...

Khabib has made it clear multiple times hes gonna retire soon and wants to leave the division to Makhachaev. Why do ppl keep saying hes gonna have this long reign?

Usman is very beatable and Burns matches up with him very well

I dont see Izzy losing @ MW for a long time tho

History repeats itself and the LW, WW and MW have always had dominant champs.

I don't think that's true. The lower weight classes have also had very dominant champions (DJ at 125 even has the record for most defenses, at 145 for a long time there was only Aldo, etc.). LHW also had super dominant champions in Jones and DC. It's really only HW where it has been difficult to be "dominant" (at least going by number of title defenses).

Something about him, I just don’t see him defending a lot more. AV is also the result of an AV bet, so I might be salty lol
If beats Ngannou again who besides Jones is going to beat him? It will be rematch time.

I don't think that's true. The lower weight classes have also had very dominant champions (DJ at 125 even has the record for most defenses, at 145 for a long time there was only Aldo, etc.). LHW also had super dominant champions in Jones and DC. It's really only HW where it has been difficult to be "dominant" (at least going by number of title defenses).
That’s True, I didn’t include LHW because Jones vacated and there’s no way Jan defends more than two times. I would be seriously surprised

If beats Ngannou again who besides Jones is going to beat him? It will be rematch time.
Call me crazy, but if, but if... Overeem manages to get a title shot, I believe he could dethrone Stipe with a smarter gameplan. Again, feel free to call me crazy, I know

Call me crazy, but if, but if... Overeem manages to get a title shot, I believe he could dethrone Stipe with a smarter gameplan. Again, feel free to call me crazy, I know
Prime Reem could

He's too old though and his chin is dust

Izzy is great.. but has he faced even one primarily a wrestler?

Romero doesn't wrestle and even if he did - he chose to do fuckall at their fight. Brunson is a brainlet.

MW doesn't have many wrestlers but I do think my Boi teh Chris could match up well with Izzy.

I want Overeem to get another shot and win and retire. I'm still pissed about his stoppage vs Rozenstruik. I hope they book that rematch but nothing says Rozenstruik doesn't knock him out for real in a rematch.

I'm a huge Overeem fan but everytime he fights I feel he's one flurry away from going to sleep.

Romero doesn't wrestle and even if he did - he chose to do fuckall at their fight. Brunson is a brainlet.

MW doesn't have many wrestlers but I do think my Boi teh Chris could match up well with Izzy.
I actually think Teh Chris has a decent chance too, I’ve said and been crucified for it lol. Good luck

You are splitting hair. He has faced the wrestlers that are available at the top of the MW ranking (Brunson, Romero, Gastelum). Weidman hasn't been relevant for years now. How he matches with Izzy is a completely moot point.

I dont see Izzy losing @ MW for a long time tho

I think that the guys that match up the best with Adesanya are not i the top right now. Weidman and Rockhold would be interesting to see against Adesanya. I'd also like to see how Uriah Hall and Michel Pereira do agains Adesanya.

Khamzat%20Chimaev%202020%20Hero.jpg

Oddly enough, these three champions have 1 thing in common, they each have defended their belt two times already.

Khabib: I don’t see anyone beating him anytime soon, Justin will have nothing for him in my opinion.

Usman: I don’t see any threat for him either, Chimaev is a solid prospect, but he’s yet to beat someone ranked in the top 10.

Israel: man, not going to lie, I wanted Costa to win, but said it myself, if Costa didn’t beat him, that Israel was going to reign for a while.

All the other champs have very beatable champs in my opinion. History repeats itself and the LW, WW and MW have always had dominant champs.

this dominance in the popular weight classes is really good for the UFC

Dana must be licking his chops...

And they all 3 have Muslim ties and said Walaikum Assalam (Israel said it last night). Coincidence I think not.

Volkanovski has a good chance to be champ for awhile.

Already beat max twice, he is extremely well rounded and has 5 round cardio. I could see zabit being potentially more skilled than him and especially with his height and reach, he could pose problems, but in a 5 round fight I don’t see zabit winning 3, 4, or 5. Also with him not having much power I don’t see him finishing Alex in 1 or 2 if Aldo, Max, and mendes couldn’t do it.

I don’t see KZ or Ortega beating him, even tho T city is one of my favorites and who doesn’t like KZ.. I just think Alex will be too much for both of them. He probably handles Emmett also, but josh does have ridiculous power so he could always catch him with that heavy right hand.

Yair gets beaten up in the clinch. Kattar could win as we have seen Alex have some trouble with boxing in the max fights, but I would need to see him beat someone elite before I make that call.

Back