Which generation of Jones' title fights was the best?

RiotWyatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Previous Generation
Shogun
Rampage
Machida
Evans
Belfort
Sonnen

Jones' Generation
Gus
Glover
DC
OSP

Next Generation
Smith
Santos
Reyes

He only lost one round against the previous generation which is insane.

The middle generation is impressive because he destroyed Gus in the rematch and has maybe his two highest level wins against DC. Plus the Glover win is more impressive now with how he’s been able to stay a top contender into his 40’s

Previous generation were all passed their prime and or injured.

Post generation he arguably lost twice:

His generation he lost rounds to Gus and DC but I’ll go with that one

I enjoyed the build-up to Jones-Evens that was intense

Previous. Aside from thrashing guys like Evans and Machida when they were legit scary dudes - finishing Chael because he realized his big toe was damn near separated from his foot was just incredible to watch.

The previous generation looks the best on paper. And Jones pretty much scorched those guys(particularly Shogun).

That said, the best version of Jon Jones to set foot in the octagon was probably around the time of DC 1 IMO.

The previous generation looks the best on paper. And Jones pretty much scorched those guys(particularly Shogun).

That said, the best version of Jon Jones to set foot in the octagon was probably around the time of DC 1 IMO.

If Jones had fought Rumble and Davis, his generation would blow the others out of the water. DC is, by far, his best win but, overall, the previous generation was better. The new generation is kinda weak in comparison even if he had stayed at LHW and defended against Jan.

Previous Generation
Shogun
Rampage
Machida
Evans
Belfort
Sonnen

Jones' Generation
Gus
Glover
DC
OSP

Next Generation
Smith
Santos
Reyes

The Next, Santos was scary, he look like an axe coming at Jon. If Santos did not get injured, I think it was his knee? ...he might have won...

Smith and Reyes did good too.

Either Jones is slipping or they were just too close at his level.

I wish Gegard Mousasi never left...

Back