Glover is going to destroy Santos mark my words

Ivancho

Amante de las mma
@Brown
Reaction score
Lol at everyone saying that Santos will beat Glover, the reality is both guys are old but Glover is a true LHW with better record better chin and a much more proven fighter. Santos is an overblown MW (he has a MW frame), not a big guy, a glasscannon coming into this fight after a long layoff cause surgery. Santos could win yeah but Glover should be favorite

If Santos is in good condition following his serious surgeries then he will win the belt.

It would be awesome if he could become UFC champ, now is the time. I don’t think Jan will be dominant at all...

Quite possible. Santos had what 3 different tears in his knee. It's going to be tough to come back from that. Ask Shogun.

Glover has a chance if he gets it to the ground. Santos kicks, counters, explosion on the feet are too much for Glover on the feet. Wouldnt be surprised by some crazy kick KO

It’s crazy to think that in 2020 Glover is ranked in the top 5. Light heavyweight is a fucking ghost town. This used to be the prized division in all MMA. Now it’s a barren wasteland.

I love Glover and will be rooting for him. The fact that he’s in title contention is insanity.

Glover at this point is basically a punching bag in the stand up and relies on his opponents gassing out (Anthony Smith fight) or until he's able to secure a takedown and go to work on the ground with his heavy top game.

Santos should win, but there's no way he will be the same after those tears in his knee (he's about to be 37 as well) and if he gets taken down early he is fucked. Definitely not a fight I'd bet on

It’s crazy to think that in 2020 Glover is ranked in the top 5. Light heavyweight is a fucking ghost town. This used to be the prized division in all MMA. Now it’s a barren wasteland.

I love Glover and will be rooting for him. The fact that he’s in title contention is insanity.

Glover is 40. Jan is 37. Santos is 36. Those are all top 5 guys. Shogun is 38 and still top 15.

LHW is becoming HW.

Glover at this point is basically a punching bag in the stand up and relies on his opponents gassing out (Anthony Smith fight) or until he's able to secure a takedown and go to work on the ground with his heavy top game.

Santos should win, but there's no way he will be the same after those tears in his knee (he's about to be 37 as well) and if he gets taken down early he is fucked. Definitely not a fight I'd bet on
Huh? Punching bag? Glover is one of the better boxers in MMA (which isn't saying much), but he's aged and he's slow as shit now. I agree that Santos should win this, but you're straight up disparaging a Just Bleed Arch Duke, show some respect young man.
<Deported1>

Lol at everyone saying that Santos will beat Glover, the reality is both guys are old but Glover is a true LHW with better record better chin and a much more proven fighter. Santos is an overblown MW (he has a MW frame), not a big guy, a glasscannon coming into this fight after a long layoff cause surgery. Santos could win yeah but Glover should be favorite

Fan of both. You're delusional. Should be a great fight.

Yeah.. the fact UFC got rid of elite grapplers as Davis and Bader made an already shallow division pretty much a barren wasteland

Santos was really winning my sympathies before the long layoff due to injuries. NO way to know how it affected him, but he has a ferocious style that is pleasing to watch, and a warrior aura I can get behind, Thor's hammer and all. Hope he can comeback strong.

Santos is definitely a legit LHW size wise. I recently saw an interview where he said he walks around 106kg, and doesn't look fat at all. I think that's like 230? Pretty big guy.

edit: 234 lbs.

Last edited:
Sounds like you know what you're talking about.

I'll throw down my bet now, thank you for this enlightening post.

Huh? Punching bag? Glover is one of the better boxers in MMA (which isn't saying much), but he's aged and he's slow as shit now. I agree that Santos should win this, but you're straight up disparaging a Just Bleed Arch Duke, show some respect young man.
<Deported1>
Punching bag is a bit harsh, I'll admit to that. However he takes at least 2 to give 1 at this stage in his career and it doesn't matter if he has solid boxing if he's too slow to connect.

I mean watch that first round vs Smith. He ate so many shots while offering next to no offense. He just has that ability to outlast opponents until they gas out or he gets a takedown and takes over. Wasn't trying to hate on him. It's awesome he's still a "contender" and he's easily one of the most likeable fighters.

Punching bag is a bit harsh, I'll admit to that. However he takes at least 2 to give 1 at this stage in his career and it doesn't matter if he has solid boxing if he's too slow to connect.

I mean watch that first round vs Smith. He ate so many shots while offering next to no offense. He just has that ability to outlast opponents until they gas out or he gets a takedown and takes over. Wasn't trying to hate on him. It's awesome he's still a "contender" and he's easily one of the most likeable fighters.
Yeah man I'm with you, I did say he's slow as shit (reflexes shot), just thought you were a it harsh on a fighter who always put in exciting fights. That said, you were big enough to give props, nothing to see here.
<RomeroSalute>

I think this will be an entertaining 1rd slugfest with someone getting slept. I think Santos will be ultra aggressive and hurt Glover early. Still undecided if Glover will get stopped there or catch Santos coming in with a beautiful counter.

The winner of this fight should get a shot at Jan for sure but I think the loser of it will be the right guy to welcome Yoel to LHW (if what Hall said was true?). If Yoel wins then, fuck it, give the man a title shot.

Back