In defense of Adesanya

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
Honestly speaking I don't take any issues with the way Izzy carries himself because his not a line-stepper nor goes after these who don't come after him. Costa was trashing him for a year and it was a back and forth trash talk and the humping happened in the moment of heat and also the argument with his team.

Izzy has strong sense of justice if you chose to disrespect him he will give it back as expected or double fold. So when I see threads such as ''Whos gonna humble him'' Yada yada is just nonsense because the guy is not a complete buffoon and carries himself some what normal with confidence and arrogance but definitely not an obnoxious buffoon line-stepper and on my book his completely normal dude who behaves normal. I call it fire on fire that is what he does iz normal.

He also has a great competitive spirit and You have to take it from him in the octagon he doesn't give charities and I appreciate that sort of mentality. I view him as confident guy. who doesn't like to get disrespected but Conor was the worst thing that ever happened to MMA period he was a cunt aka a habitual line stepper and His not a complete buffoon like Conor

Last edited:
I get the feeling Izzy probably grew up a bit of a nerd and got bullied a lot for it. Has a particular amount of resentment for "bully" types. Now that he's in a position to stand up to the types that likely bullied him, it's really more him standing up to past demons he probably had to deal with as much as anything.

And now that I look at his wikipedia, seems to back that up:

"Adesanya was not interested in sport during high school; instead he was interested in Japanese anime such as Death Note[17] and Naruto.[18] He was heavily bullied during his high school years[19] and attributes the mistreatment he experienced to his decision to pursue martial arts later in life.[20]".

Props to him. It's amazing how many people who would find success don't because of this type of thing.

I'm just gonna say it, fuck it.

I think there are some sherdoggers who don't mind fighters being a cocky sh*t only when it's white fighters doing it.*

This is by the way coming from one of the whitest people on this board (probably).

EDIT:
...and i'm not saying this is the main reason or something like that, but the difference between how people were on Conor's nuts compared to how much sh*t they give Izzy is insane and no, Conor isn't really funnier than Izzy or vice-versa.

EDIT #2:
I am not saying Israel gets as much shit as Conor, nor did i mean to imply that, i just don't buy it that people give someone who (minus one fight) always is exciting to watch, fights often, fights the most deserving guys and never ducks anyone such big amounts of hate just for being an anime fan.

*EDIT #3:
I think the fact that Izzy gives off gay/bi-sexual vibes to a lot of people is another reason why people dislike him, seeing as there definitely are people on this board who disagree with Adesanya's views/the way he behaves himself, to put it friendly.

Last edited:
These guys are cage fighters. They don't study martial arts to defend themselves. They do it to inflict damage on their opponents. No one should expect high moral standards from a prize fighter. Let them hump their prey!

Prime Conor was more confident than arrogant. He lost it after the Floyd fight

Irish kids had Conor posters on their bedroom walls

How many kids do you think will want an Adesanya poster lol? He is just a weirdo

I think there are some sherdoggers who don't mind fighters being a cocky sh*t only when it's white fighters doing it.

This is by the way coming from one of the whitest people on this board (probably).

EDIT: and i'm not saying this is the main reason or something like that, but the difference between how people were on Conor's nuts compared to how much sh*t they give Izzy is insane and no, Conor isn't really funnier than Izzy or vice-versa.

Conor is the most hated fighter in the history of sherdog and also on social media. I have never seen a fighter more hated then him period and for obvious reasons he truly riled people up and it accumulated

I think there are some sherdoggers who don't mind fighters being a cocky sh*t only when it's white fighters doing it.

EDIT: and i'm not saying this is the main reason or something like that, but the difference between how people were on Conor's nuts compared to how much sh*t they give Izzy is insane and no, Conor isn't really funnier than Izzy or vice-versa.

1. Conor never once humped an opponent after KOing them. He's always been extremely kind to people he beat.

2. Conor is the most hated fighter on sherdog currently..

I don't understand the posts here. I only speak for myself. I like Usman as a fighter and notice most on Sherdog find him boring. I don't like Izzy but the guy is a great fighter. I have a very big problem with him humping a guy like that on the ground. It's way over the line and i'm not sure why this isn't easily understood on this board.

Conor is the most hated fighter in the history of sherdog and also on social media
After he threw a dolly at a bus, punched a senior citizen, had rape accusations, never defended his title, etc.

Izzy did none of these things, always fought the most deserving fighters and gets absurd amounts of shit or at least got them until after the Costa fight.

Last edited:
Hes a geek. Hes a nerd. He has a bit of the feminine to him at times. So what? Regardless of those traits he'd destroy almost every single person who wants to use those traits as something to belittle him with and comment about. He threatens the just bleeds/coach potatoes masculinity. Sure hes cringey as fuck but who cares? Hes great to watch (most of the time) and one of the best things about the sport right now. Most importantly a level above when the gate closes.
Conor is putting out tweets to show how he tried to get a fight with diego ffs as if thats a show of balls. Conor had an admirable focus and confidence at one point then he became a social media ranter. Desperate for the limelight. Not wanting anyone else to shine. The same thing he would give others shit for. He become a parody of himself and a massive hypocrite. Some will never see that. Some see it so clear. I can understand how people love and hate both tbh

Last edited:
Adesanya has an immature sense of humor. Could be worse.

Adesanya definitely has a chip on his shoulder. He must've been bullied as a kid and now he can be the bully.

After he threw a dolly at a bus, had rape accusations, never defended his title, etc.

Izzy did none of these things, always fought the most deserving fighters and gets absurd amounts of shit or at least got them until after the Costa fight.

Conor was hated before he did these things since the diaz loss and never seen so many vultures out for months

1. Conor never once humped an opponent after KOing them. He's always been extremely kind to people he beat.
Correct.
He did throw a dolly at a bus though, injured people there, hit and old man at a bar, had rape accusations against him, never defended his title and asked to fight Diego Sanchez.
2. Conor is the most hated fighter on sherdog currently..
See above...

They're not even comparable. Israel likes cartoons and is a bit awkward while Conor is a cokehead that assaults people.

Correct.
He did throw a dolly at a bus though, injured people there, hit and old man at a bar, had rape accusations against him, never defended his title and asked to fight Diego Sanchez.

See above...

You realize every single one of those things he received massive outcries of hate for right?

You realize every single one of those things he received massive outcries of hate for right?
Yes.

I'm just saying the amount of shit Izzy gets or has gotten in the past is absolutely disproportional and that i suspect that some people just don't want to see someone who looks different to them being as confident.

It's fine to not like Adesanya, but it's baffling how much shit a guy gets who minus one fight always is exciting as fuck, fights very often, fights the most deserving guys and never ducks anyone.

He’s showing signs he may be worse.

Give it time.
No chance, let’s be real here Conor has been accused TWICE OF RAPE, assaulting an old drunk man (who he didn’t even faze even with a free shot with his left lmao), anti Semitic comments, pushing referees and the latest getting his shrimp out and having women being so disgusted they contact the law.

Izzy is a weird one no doubt there but Conor is clearly not a good person.

Back