As a huge Anderson supporter

OriginMMA

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I am happy to know that a 44 year old version of him did better than ranked Paulo Costa, Yoel Romero, Robert Whitaker, and Derek Brunson. Izzy even made Anderson move forward a lot which isn't his strength.

Izzy on the Anderson fight for people who haven't seen it.

Also as much shit as people give Kelvin lately the man was a much more accurate/patient fighter than the above when it comes to his punch selection hence why he did so well against Izzy.

I am huge Silva fan for a very long time but this version of Izzy would maul 44 year old silva or maybe his prime version,I truely believe last night he was on some serious horse meat

I am huge Silva fan for a very long time but this version of Izzy would maul 44 year old silva or maybe his prime version,I truely believe last night he was on some serious horse meat
You saying "this version" proves you don’t know what you’re looking at. It was all style matchups. Izzy has improved but it’s not as drastic as you may think. This was his 100th fight in combat sports. He makes certain opponents look easier than others because they bring different things to the table. Anderson isn’t stupid just like Izzy so he wasn’t going to rush in carelessly and also competent to counter with him when needed. Izzy thrives on opponents like Costa and Whitaker who tends to move forwards and someone like Yoel who sat back doing nothing.

You saying "this version" proves you don’t know what you’re looking at. It was all style matchups. Izzy has improved but it’s not as drastic as you may think. This was his 100th fight in combat sports. He makes certain opponents look easier than others because they bring different things to the table. Anderson isn’t stupid just like Izzy so he wasn’t going to rush in carelessly and also competent to counter with him when needed. Izzy thrives on opponents like Costa and Whitaker who tends to move forwards and someone like Yoel who sat back doing nothing.
I dont know what I looking for???Please stop talking like my girlfriend

Exactly

you sir is the one that have no clue what you are talking about. he has improved alot!!

Kelvin's chin also held up way better than Costa's. That fat Mexican head is like a block of wood.
IllegalWatchfulCottonmouth-size_restricted.gif

Just more proof that the narrative of "hurrrrr the MW division nowadays is so much more stacked" and "durrrrr fighters evolve" is bullshit pushed by noobs trying to revise history and shit on the MMA GOATs.
Costa looked clueless in there, as did Whittaker and Romero - of course all credit to that goes to Izzy for being a very puzzling fighter - but we know exactly who his Idol is and who perfected this elusiveness and accuracy.

44-year-old Grandpa Anderson is still a (technically) better fighter than all of these guys today, and the fight with Izzy proved that.

<{silvanormal}>

Prime AS beat current Izzy. Not a knock on Izzy.....he's great. Time will tell but I don't see him having as long a title run as AS.

He didn't do better than Yoel

Yoel arguably won the fight and had Izzy running at various points

Lol whatever helps you sleep at night.

Anderson arguably took a round. Yoel arguably took 1,2 and 5 and had Izzy freeze up like a bitch most of the fight. Many media scored it for Yoel too. No one has Anderson winning more than a round at best. That's the reality. Whatever makes you batshit insane Androsterone fans feel good tho

Prime Silva finishes any version of Izzy within 3 rounds

Back