As far as career-defining performances go, this one is up there

Comparing their fights with Yoel gave a lot of Izzy haters hope.

Unfortunately, Costa was unprepared to strike with him, and had no intention of even attempting a takedown.

Masterful performance by Izzy. Utter domination.

I have said many times Costa's record is laughable.

so many Sherdoggers crying in their pillows today.

Costa doesnt have the resume to excite the hardcore, the casuals will lap it up though, he's on a one way trip to the stratosphere.

Comparing their fights with Yoel gave a lot of Izzy haters hope.

Unfortunately, Costa was unprepared to strike with him, and had no intention of even attempting a takedown.

Masterful performance by Izzy. Utter domination.
@LetThemBleed that is why I made the thread saying Adesanya vs. Romero was a necessary evil.

Honestly I think Romero fought the right way. Can't get countered if you don't attempt anything to begin with, right?
I too believe he had a hood plan. Just terrible execution, especially after Izzy adjusted.

But the point I was making in the thread was that if it way for thzt lackluster performance, Costa would not have nearly as much hype. The betting odds were pretty damn close.

I have said many times Costa's record is laughable.

so many Sherdoggers crying in their pillows today.
Undefeated with 12 out of 13 as finishes is laughable?

he walked down Romero. While izzy started at him.

Leading up, he had all the credentials and “mma math” backing him for a win, or at the very least a damn good performance.

Instead we got a tenative guy that fought the opposite of how he normally does get wiped out.

This could be a “gsp hughes 1” moment for costa or a gsp Serra moment.

hopefully he comes back stronger. He’s still young and in good health.

I doubt this is the last title fight we ever see him in.

we don’t know, maybe the cut was too much now??

Costa vs Jan maybe next year?

Undefeated with 12 out of 13 as finishes is laughable?

he walked down Romero. While izzy started at him.

Leading up, he had all the credentials and “mma math” backing him for a win, or at the very least a damn good performance.

Instead we got a tenative guy that fought the opposite of how he normally does get wiped out.

This could be a “gsp hughes 1” moment for costa or a gsp Serra moment.

hopefully he comes back stronger. He’s still young and in good health.

I doubt this is the last title fight we ever see him in.

we don’t know, maybe the cut was too much now??

Costa vs Jan maybe next year?
12 of 13 finishes, and his UFC finishes are over Uriah Hall, fat Johny Hendricks, Bamgbose, and another nobody.

One good win over Romero.

I hope you're not a dude that's telling everybody to slow their roll on Khamzat Chimaev, because Costa basically got a title shot off of 1 ranked win.

12 of 13 finishes, and his UFC finishes are over Uriah Hall, fat Johny Hendricks, Bamgbose, and another nobody.

One good win over Romero.

I hope you're not a dude that's telling everybody to slow their roll on Khamzat Chimaev, because Costa basically got a title shot off of 1 ranked win.
I might be, had I even known who the fuck that was before yesterday.
He needs to slow his roll.

he’s got some nobody wins @ WW, and he’s gonna call out the MW champ?

stay in your lane man. Prove yourself. Your time will come..

I might be, had I even known who the fuck that was before yesterday.
He needs to slow his roll.

he’s got some nobody wins @ WW, and he’s gonna call out the MW champ?

stay in your lane man. Prove yourself. Your time will come..
I mean if he takes the Costa approach, he gets to fight Colby next and then gets a title shot

I mean if he takes the Costa approach, he gets to fight Colby next and then gets a title shot
Nah, I didn’t realize 2 of three wins were at MW though was thinking they were all at WW.
He’s three wins at MW and two finishes at MW behind costa before he got his title shot. Not to mention they have all been nobodies really..

And his last fight was at MW, so is he trying to go back to WW? Or stay at MW? Needs to stay in a lane. I get that the WW fight was short notice and props on making weight but that’s a bad sign at Mw.

you are a MW and can make Ww on ten days notice coming directly off a Mw fight? The top dogs at MW prolly gonna be to big son.

gets Smeshed first top 5 MW sized fighter he fights imo..

I said from day 1 costa cant do shit. A Usman or Khabib styled fighter would give Izzy trouble.

Nah, I didn’t realize 2 of three wins were at MW though was thinking they were all at WW.
He’s three wins at MW and two finishes at MW behind costa before he got his title shot. Not to mention they have all been nobodies really..

And his last fight was at MW, so is he trying to go back to WW? Or stay at MW? Needs to stay in a lane. I get that the WW fight was short notice and props on making weight but that’s a bad sign at Mw.

you are a MW and can make Ww on ten days notice coming directly off a Mw fight? The top dogs at MW prolly gonna be to big son.

gets Smeshed first top 5 MW sized fighter he fights imo..
He can fight at both and make weight easy

My point was Costa got Romero after beating Uriah Hall and then got a title shot immediately

Back