Dana visible disappointed he didn't get the "war" he wanted

eon001

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Dana had this weird demeanour when handing Izzy the belt. Seemed a bit deflated. Didn't smile. Not the kind of body language you expect from anyone that's just watched an amazing clinic with a finish.

I thought maybe I was imagining it, then he pretty much confirmed it in the post fight pressor.
Talks about it in the first minute. "So much for fight of the year..." Like who cares? Great performance with a finish. Did he have money on it going the distance or something?

Reminded me of how pissed he was when JDS ko'd Cain in there Fox debut. He should be happy the fight didn't end up like Yoel.

I can't get my head around the fact that so many knowledgeable people didn't see this outcome as a possibility.

Izzy wiped out Robert Whittaker in 2 rounds. Costa doesn't have touch of death KO power and hasn't shown any high level technical striking or relentless grappling. This is the out come I predicted. (I thought it would end in the 4th round though.)

This is what happens when you predict the outlook of a fight before it even starts.

Dana had this weird demeanour when handing Izzy the belt. Seemed a bit deflated. Didn't smile. Not the kind of body language you expect from anyone that's just watched an amazing clinic with a finish.

I thought maybe I was imagining it, then he pretty much confirmed it in the post fight pressor.
Talks about it in the first minute. "So much for fight of the year..." Like who cares? Great performance with a finish. Did he have money on it going the distance or something?

Reminded me of how pissed he was when JDS ko'd Cain in there Fox debut. He should be happy the fight didn't end up like Yoel.

I can't get my head around the fact that so many knowledgeable people didn't see this outcome as a possibility.

Izzy wiped out Robert Whittaker in 2 rounds. Costa doesn't have touch of death KO power and hasn't shown any high level technical striking or relentless grappling. This is the out come I predicted. (I thought it would end in the 4th round though.)

What do you mean who cares? The fight was a letdown. A big one. I totally get his disappointment.

It really seemed like Dana bet on Costa lol

I don’t think anyone was excited.

I think he knew the card needed a war for him to hang his hat on, and both the main and co main were 100% one way traffic

I think he knew the card needed a war for him to hang his hat on, and both the main and co main were 100% one way traffic
Just terrible. I really was looking forward to this card for the last month and man. The fights just didn’t deliver..

What do you mean who cares? The fight was a letdown. A big one. I totally get his disappointment.
It's only disappointing if you're a Costa fan ;). Even if you hate Izzy, you should be able the appreciate the fight artistry.

Or you're just trolling or being sarcastic. Can't tell online.

Yup, I mean I enjoyed the display and skills shown but I wanted more of a contest as well.

No disrespect to any of the participants but there was a bit of an "ah well" saturating the air.

Obviously the UFC does good business but I always thought Dana trashes his own product a little too much. I get calling a "bad fight" a bad fight to gain legitimacy with the marks but maybe don't shit on your best fighters.

Yup, I mean I enjoyed the display and skills shown but I wanted more of a contest as well.

No disrespect to any of the participants but there was a bit of an "ah well" saturating the air.
Right..which is fine if there’s a few wars on the card beneath it. But it was a slow night capped off by some one sided beatdowns. Like you said, well done to everyone...but it doesn’t get me as invested as a fan. I don’t expect them to intentionally make it a war, but it is more entertaining

This is what happens when you predict the outlook of a fight before it even starts.
I think that's Dana's paying mind games to force fighters to be exciting. This is a WAY better outcome than Izzy/Yoel.

Better fights > worse fights......

If you actually listen to him, he clearly gives Adesanya his props "domination of the year", "absolute stud" etc.

He's within his rights to be disappointed in Costa's performance, weren't we all?

Right..which is fine if there’s a few wars on the card beneath it. But it was a slow night capped off by some one sided beatdowns. Like you said, well done to everyone...but it doesn’t get me as invested as a fan. I don’t expect them to intentionally make it a war, but it is more entertaining
Idk that's sounds like an incredibly entitled mind set. I know that's not what you mean, but your basically upset that the champion is really good at his job. That just feels weird. It's not like he starched him in the first 10 seconds.

Back