Adesanya would lose to a better stiker/grappler

wrestlefan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Okay, in hindsight a brawler like Costa wasn't the guy to beat him, but after a few hours of analysis it's clear to see a fighter with better striking and grappling/wrestling would be able to take him, so let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Props to Adesanya though.

wait I thought costa was supposed to be his kryptonite , due to his constant pressure.
that what half of sherdog was telling me

The thing is, other than Darren Till, Costa was the best striker the MW division had to offer that Izzy has not already beaten.

There is no elite grapplers of the likes of Khabib in that division either.

You got that Chimaev who has had 3 bottom of the card fights in the UFC, the only guy who may be promising in the future, the rest is Izzy fodder.

Thanks captain obvious. What's your next prediction? Khabib would lose to a better striker and wrestler than him?

Izzy is just too good, I thought Costa would be able to eat shots while being able to land his own and with his relentless pressure break Izzy. That obviously wasn't the case and Izzy is levels above Costa and possibly the entire Middleweight division. Incredible performance by the champ

Okay, in hindsight a brawler like Costa wasn't the guy to beat him, but after a few hours of analysis it's clear to see a fighter with better striking and grappling/wrestling would be able to take him, so let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

There isnt anyone in all of mma who's a better striker than Adesanya

you got it boss

the fighter who is better than this fighter will beat him.

solid analysis

That's what I said earlier, there's a good chance Fang Bian could outstrike him and shrug off takedown attempts (if there were any).

That said there's a good chance he would get outstruck or lose via cardio against Adesanya.

Or someone who beats him standing up might be a better striker than him

Back