Prime Machida vs Izzy would be a great fight!

Why would it be boring?

I mean, unless you're a casual.

Why would it be boring?

I mean, unless you're a casual.
Sometimes when two counterpunchers face off, it's boring. They wait for the other to make a move but it never happens so they get stuck in a staredown all night.

That shit is boring for hardcore fans not just casuals.

Sometimes when two counterpunchers face off, it's boring. They wait for the other to make a move but it never happens so they get stuck in a staredown all night.

That shit is boring for hardcore fans not just casuals.
/
as a machida fan, i think would be boring. interesting matchup tho.

Lol @ hardcores laughing at the casual term "just bleed" while wanting just that and disregarding technical fighting.

Two counter strikers tends to be boring when no one countinously makes a move to advance or commit

Israel would draw counters out of Machida with feints.

That is how he had Costa completely frozen.

the difference is Machida would wind up “countering” the feints and then getting countered.

Also- note Costa wasn’t “leading” and Izzy disposed of him. Israel can lead.

Last edited:
Fun fight, even the past prime Machida that fought Weidman would give Izzy some issues with his blitzing.

Izzy with proper preparation takes notes from the Shogun fight and wins a decision.

Izzy without preparation should be favored 60/40 because he wouldn't be easy to catch, even for Lyoto. Lyoto would have to work so much harder to win rounds. Maybe Lyoto wins rounds 1 and 2 by keeping the rounds close until well timed blitzes, but that only works for so long. Over 5 rounds, Izzy would start to break him down.

I don't see a peak or prime version of Lyoto being finished from standing strikes, that only happened once in the 2nd Shogun fight from a temple punch. It's not Izzy's style to march forward and throw overhands like Shogun.

Prime Machida was a LHW so.
And?

he was the same weight as Israel.

203 ish

Ufc champ era Machida was barely cutting anything and came in under 205 a few times, even 202- 203 as I recall. No one is cutting 3 extra pounds

And Israel has fought at HW before in kickboxing.

Israel would be the “bigger” guy in that fight.

Weidman Machinda vs Izzy would be awesome. Even if it was complete counter striking fight it would be fun even at range with just the kicks.

Fun fight, even the past prime Machida that fought Weidman would give Izzy some issues with his blitzing.

Izzy with proper preparation takes notes from the Shogun fight and wins a decision.

Izzy without preparation should be favored 60/40 because he wouldn't be easy to catch, even for Lyoto. Lyoto would have to work so much harder to win rounds. Maybe Lyoto wins rounds 1 and 2 by keeping the rounds close until well timed blitzes, but that only works for so long. Over 5 rounds, Izzy would start to break him down.

Prime Machida got KOed by Shogun and knocked pretty much out by Jon Jones.

Izzy KOs him

Fun fight. But people are over rating Machida here.

Prime Machida got KOed by Shogun and knocked pretty much out by Jon Jones.

Izzy KOs him

Fun fight. But people are over rating Machida here.
He got hit in the temple, and it only happened once.

Izzy has been KO'd too, yet its only happened once.

Izzy doesn't load up on overhands like Shogun, Izzy doesn't have the grappling to do what Romero or Jones did. Machida is not overrated, at 36 years of age he gave prime Weidman all he could handle. If Weidman didn't have a god tier chin in his prime, he would've been slept.

Back