Jet Lag is a Powerful Thing

Leonard Haid

Minimalist Living the Illusory Dream
@red
Reaction score
Reyes had a 17-hour flight and only a few days to prepare. Jan had a 5-hour flight. I have taken 17-hour flights twice a year for the last 15 years, and you defintiely need more time to recover than Reyes allowed himself. Just throwing that out there.

He wasn't allowed to fly out a day earlier? I am serious.

Reyes had a 17-hour flight and only a few days to prepare. Jan had a 5-hour flight. I have taken 17-hour flights twice a year for the last 15 years, and you defintiely need more time to recover than Reyes allowed himself. Just throwing that out there.
That's on him. Khabib flew in two weeks before his fight with Poirier. Poirier flew in 10 days before the fight iirc. And he said the lag bothered him.

That was a very popular fight. I thought fighters would have learned their lesson from hearing khabib say it

Now Dustin says he plans to fly out two weeks in advance next time to adjust

That may be true, but it's definitely not as powerful as making excuses. The Devastator got devastated badly. That's all there was too it.

An argument can be made for his mental last night, but Jan did his thing, he deserves all the credit. People been sleeping on Jan WAY too much.

Or he let his hype get to him? He had a poor game plan from the start, he allowed Jan to dictate the pace, offered nothing to keep him honest. His corner was just as bad, no game plan at all, Jan is pure power, so back pedaling and eating power body kicks was a horrible idea. By the time he tried to switch gears he was too damaged and got finished. This fight was almost the same to Costas/Israel

You can't be a champion if you're already making excuses.

He got there only 3-days out? What a fucking dummy.

I’d personally want 2-week minimum, especially cause you have to fight in the morning. I personally had a mma match around 8am once and it was the most awkward weirdest thing ever. Yes, I lost too, first time ever being dropped by a punch, rnc finished.

Punches to the head is a powerful thing

Last edited:
Stop.. Not a good look with this. I know it hurts, but have some dignity bud.

Back