Izzy vs Khabib

Rust Cohle

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Who looks more invincible? I think both of them will be champions for a long time, but Khabib looks more invincible to me, we will see after his fight with Justin

Who looks more invincible? I think both of them will be champions for a long time, but Khabib looks more invincible to me, we will see after his fight with Justin
I'm one of the most well-known Israel huggers on this site but he NEVER looked invincible. And that's what I like. All skills. Fucking beast. Pure technician.

Izzy’s invincibility will be tested once he faces a pressuring grappler. Khabib has fought both strikers and grapplers.

But given how stacked the LW division is compared to MW, I can see Khabib losing before Izzy.
Brunson is a pressure grappler, as is Vettori

Khabib has never faced a wrestler like Colby or Usman

There's a reason he cuts 30lbs to hide at LW against strikers

Minus one fight vs Gastelum, they both seem pretty equal to me. Khabib has been at top a little longer

Im a bigger Izzy fan, but facts are follows. He's lost:
(1 Rd to Vettori)
(2 rounds vs Gastelum)
(1 round vs Romero)

Comparitively, Khabib has lost:
(Arguably 1 round to Tibau)
(officially 1 round to McGregor)

Khabib has the toughest fight of his career against Gaethje so it will be interesting if he loses more rounds in that fight, and Israel looks better almost everytime you see him in the Octagon, but right now, Khabib looks more dominant.

I hope they both retire undefeated and IMO, based on recent performances, they are the two current best p4p fighters on the planet.

Middleweight just doesn't have the stylistic threat to Izzy, who is the most experienced striker at his physical peak.

Thats why KG did so well against Izzy. The takedown threat made it a tough fight.
My hot take is Weidman would be Izzy's biggest challenge.

Or if UFC could get Mousasi back.

I'm one of the most well-known Israel huggers on this site but he NEVER looked invincible. And that's what I like. All skills. Fucking beast. Pure technician.
I don't think khabib looks invincible, but if I had to choose between the two, its khabib

Middleweight just doesn't have the stylistic threat to Izzy, who is the most experienced striker at his physical peak.

Thats why KG did so well against Izzy. The takedown threat made it a tough fight.
My hot take is Weidman would be Izzy's biggest challenge.

Or if UFC could get Mousasi back.

Prime Weidman was the exact type of fighter that is the kryptonite of strikers like Adesanya. However, current Weidman is too battle torn and gets KO'd left and right.

khabib doesnt cut 30 lbs ... Even costa doesnt cut 30 lbs ( 20 lbs most likely )

cutting weight is water, you can't lose 30 lbs of water in a couple of days as a LW, he most likely cut 10-15 lbs of water, and diet during the training camp to lose the 10-15 lbs of extra fat.

So he cuts extra weight to drain himself and be not as good because of his weight cut so that he can "hide" in the deepest, most stacked division MMA has ever seen, and in spite of this literally impossible weight cut, he's somehow an undefeated champion.

And that somehow makes sense to you

<Dany07>

So he cuts extra weight to drain himself and be not as good because of his weight cut so that he can "hide" in the deepest, most stacked division MMA has ever seen, and in spite of this literally impossible weight cut, he's somehow an undefeated champion.

<Dany07>
let him be, he started MMA in 2020, same guy who though that costa would outstrike an elite world class kick boxer ...

<Dany07>
Lightweight may be deeper overall but welterweight at the top has worse matchups for him

And he knows this

Not even close. Have you forgotten Izzy Romero? Where was "the domination"?

Nobody looks invincible (chimaev in future?), but khabib is 100% more dominating than izzy and it is not open for debate

Back