Why is nobody suggesting Jan vs Israel?

codfather

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
With Jon Jones moving up and Thiago Santos coming off a loss, there are no obvious challengers for Jan right now.

Israel has already beaten Whittaker, Costa and Romero, so he's kinda cleaned out the top of the division.
He'd also have a 2 inch height and reach advantage over Jan, so size wouldn't be so much of a concern.

Last edited:
Only because its not a money fight so not worth switching divisions for, Jones was.

Because Jan vs Adesanya is not a superfight. And Jan needs to beat rakic and santos in a rematch before even thinking about fighting a champion from another weight class.

Because they belong to two different divisions and because we didn't statmrted watching MMA last night.

because both fighters have plenty left to do in their respective weightclasses.

Jan is a good guy with a nice kicking game, however his TDD is crap from what I've seen.
Dude needs to prove that he can defend the title against LHW wrestlers before earning a super fight.

As an Izzy fan, I don't want the smoke with Jan lol. No but on paper Israel should take it but then again so should have Reyes.

But I just knew Jan could pull it off. I had a strong gut feeling but never spoke on it here because I like Reyes a lot as well.

Why would they? There's no need for that fight and Jan just won the belt. This double champ B's is getting out of hand. Some people need to stay in their lane for a while. It's more impressive to have multiple defenses in one weight than to have none in one or both

Maybe because Israel said post fight he wants to do right by Anderson Silver...ya know, the guy with the MOST Title Defenses at 185. He said the Jone's fight is still in the pipe line, but he wants to defend the 185 Pound title and cement his legacy, so let's not start running with this dumb idea now.

He said he wants Cannonier next, so that's who he's getting if he gets past Whittaker, end of discussion.

because it would look similar to the costa fight. Lmao. Like izzy cant avoid a right hand for 5 rds lol

Its definitely an option. Israel could move up, destroy Jan, and then call out Jones.

Back